FIVE- A Drug Bust, Really?!

Anita, John, and Sherlock were finally back at Baker Street. After running most of the way back, they were all out of breath. Once inside, John hung his jacket on a hook on the wall while Sherlock took Anita's and his own coat and put them over the bottom stair bannister. After that was done, the trio leaned back against the wall trying to get their breath back. John was the first to speak up.

"Okay, that was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done," he breathed out, a little wheezy.

"And you invaded Afghanistan," Anita snickered which caused the three of them to laugh. Sherlock looked down at Anita, who was standing next to him on the wall, and couldn't help but smile. Anita was still chuckling with John but glanced up at Sherlock. When they made eye contact, she smiled at him briefly before laughing again with John.

"Why aren't we back at the restaurant?" asked John, finally done laughing.

"Oh, they can keep an eye out. It was a long shot anyway," Sherlock said, waving his hand in a dismissive manner.

"So, what were we doing there?" John questioned, not quite understanding why they would waste time with it then.

"Oh just passing the time," Sherlock responded, sort of airily, showing that he wasn't letting on to the whole truth. Anita rolled her eyes at his dramatics and turned to John.

"And proving a point." At this John furrows his brows in confusion.

"What point?" he asked.

"You," Sherlock and Anita said at the same time.

"Mrs. Hudson! Doctor Watson will take the room upstairs," Sherlock shouted.

"Says who?" John asked, though he wasn't rejecting, which Anita saw as a good sign.

"Says the man at the door," Sherlock said, setting his gaze on the front door. And in an instant, someone was knocking at the door. John looked back at Anita and Sherlock, who showed no signs of moving to get it, then he walked to the door and answered. While John was doing that, Anita decided to take a leap of faith. She leaned her head against Sherlocks shoulder. Anita was tired from all of the running and chasing and stuff, just wanted to slump against something, or rather someone. Sherlock stiffened slightly at the sudden contact, but relaxed after a while. 

Sherlock on the other hand was running wild. In his brain anyways. Yes, Anita has leaned on him many, many times since them becoming friends. Though it was mostly back when they were still in school and it was finals week. But for some reason this felt different. He couldn't explain it, which felt an awful lot like not knowing, and that bothered him to no end. Though when he looked down at Anita, who had closed her eyes and was two seconds away from falling asleep, his brain just stopped. He couldn't stop the red color from flooding to his cheeks or the prideful feeling in his chest that said 'she could have leaned against anything but she chose you.' He had completely forgotten about John until he heard a voice from outside the door.

"Sherlock texted me". It was Angelo, the restaurant manager, at the front of the door. Sherlock leaned forward slightly, hoping to not disturb Anita, and saw that he had John's cane in his hand.

"He said you forgot this," Angelo said, holding the cane out to John. He looked down at the cane in surprise.

"Thank you," John answered, taking the cane from him and heading back inside. Sherlock had gently shook Anita to wake her up, though now he felt like there was something missing from his shoulder. Anita looked around to get her bearings before smiling at Sherlock then John, who was still in the small hallway that led from the door. Then the moment of joy and peace was ruined. Mrs. Hudson came rushing out of her flat, looking worried and distraught. She approached the small group of three.