chapter 29

JADEN'S P.O.V.

They started shooting at Bryce and I jumped up shooting at them.
"Jaden down!" Someone yelled, and before I could do anything, everything went black.
"Fuck, Jaden, Jaden, you gotta stay awake, Jaden! Stay with me, okay?" I heard Josh's voice and soon Bryce's voice was around, they were taking me somewhere. I couldn't hear properly, my eyes were closing. My left arm hurts like fuck. I put my hand on my chest because it started hurting, and just then felt some liquid on it.
That's the last thing I could remember, when everything went black.

I jumped up from the bed, seeing a lot of doctors around me. They were talking about something, looking down through me. I looked at what was under me, that was me.
"Wha- how the fuck? What is happening?" I asked, but no one paid attention.
"Am I dead? What the hell is this?" I walked out the room to see everybody in the hall. This is our 'ambulance', also all the doctors were our private doctors that work for us.
They all were crying. Did I die? Is this life after death? Did we at least 'win'?
I saw Lexi walking in with Blake and Cooper. I walked closer to her with smile on my face. I haven't seen her whole day.
She just walked past me as Addison embraced her in hug.
"Ca- what the fuck happened? Why is no one telling me anything or answering my calls?"
"Jaden got shot." Bryce said as Lexi's eyes went wide, her chin starting to quiver. I'm alright?
"B-but y'all did?"
"Yes, but he got one really bad. In his chest." Oh, that was that liquid? My blood?
She almost fell on the floor, but Josh grabbed her arm pulling her in hug, stroking her hair.
"W-Where is he?" She asked, stuttering between her sobs, "I-Is he-"
"He is still inside of surgery. Our doctors are doing everything they can." Josh told her in low tone.
"W-Will he s-survive?"
"Doctors are trying everything they can." Blake said rubbing her back.
"Don't cry Lexi, I'm right here, can't y'all see me?"
"A lot of people died, but he is strong. He'll make it through."
"A-and if he-"
"Don't talk like that. We need to stay positive, okay?"
"I sho-ldn't of let h-him g-o. He could've b-been al-right."
"It's not your fault. It's everything but yours. We couldn't control it."
Why would she even blame herself on what happened? She couldn't do anything.
"Lexi, c'mon! I'm here! I'm right here baby!" I literally yelled, but nothing. No one even looked at me.

Time passed by, I was hugging Lexi from behind while she was laying her head on Josh's shoulder. Everyone was almost asleep.
Kevin - the doctor, our family friend, walked out the room getting everyones attention.
"He's in coma." I could see hurt in all of their eyes.
"We got bullets out of him. It'll take time to heal, if he wakes up."
"If?"
"The chances are fifty-fifty. He got shot two times in chest.
He also has broken arm and a lot of bruises, so be ready for what you'll see."
Lexi rested her head on the wall beside her. My poor baby. She doesn't fucking deserve this.
"C-Can we go see him?"
"I think it's the best if only one person goes in."
Addison and Lexi immediately looked at each other.
"Go." Addison told Lexi with weak smile.
"Addi-"
"Go Lexi." Lexi embraced her in hug as they cried and whispered to each other.
"Tell him that I love him." Addison whispered letting go off Lexi and she nodded.
I walked in the room with Lexi and Kevin. Damn I really look dead.
She gasped putting her hand over her mouth. More tears filled her eyes as doctor put a chair next to bed my body was laying in.
"He can hear you. He'll hear everything you tell him, he just won't be able to respond." She nodded sitting on the chair. Kevin patted her shoulder and walked out of the room closing the doors behind him.