chapter 28

I didn't sleep at all last night. I was too worried, thinking that the miracle will happen and he'd woke up and I'll be sleeping. But, it didn't happen. He didn't move at all. The sun shined on my face through the room windows.

"Good morning." The same doctor from last night greeted walking in the room.
"Good morning." I said while yawning and putting my hand over my mouth.
"I would like to check up on him, so it would be good if you could leave the room for a bit. Addison also called you, she's in the room right across with Bryce, Josh and Nessa I believe."
"Oh, okay." I got up and walked to Jaden, caressing his cheeks and moving his hair out of the way.
"I love you. So much." I whispered pecking his lips and squeezing his hand as the tears formed in my eyes. I looked up, so they'd go away and slowly walked out the room as two nurses entered it.

The doors of the room across us were opened so they probably heard me when I got out. I stood against the wall with my hands covering my face, and they must've realized I still didn't walk in the room because when I moved my hands, everyone was looking at me.

"Lex?" Nessa said as she walked out the room and made her way to me.
"Hey Ness."
"Come here." She pulled me in hug and walked me to their room.
"How is he?" Addison asked, moving a bit on the bed pulling me to her so we would cuddle.
"He- he is just laying there, lifeless. He's all in bruises, I couldn't see his body cuz he was under covers, and doctor told me not to move him much. Apparently, it would cause pain for him, even if I may don't think it hurts him."
She started crying and I held back in my tears.
"W- did you call your parents?"
"Yeah, they are on the way here." Bryce answered me and I just nodded. Blake walked in the room with some bags.
"Hey, I bought us food. I sent everyone home and told them we'll call if there are any news, we are just making crowd here."
"Where's Amelie?"
"She went home with Riley and Vinnie."
"And Coop?"
"He's still sleeping."
"I'll go wake him up." I said as I got up and left the room.

I peaked through the doors of every room down the hall until finally finding Cooper in one of them.

"Hey, Coop?" I shook him a little and he immediately jumped up.
"Hey, uh, sorry, didn't meant to scare you. Blake got us breakfast, you wanna eat?"
"Uh, yeah, sure, it's fine." He rubbed his eyes and got up from the bed and we started walking through the hall making our way to room where everyone was.

"Um, how's Jaden?"
"Well, I mean, it's the same like last night. Nothing changed. He didn't move nor made any signs that he is waking up."
"I'm so sorry Lex, I could've at least come earlier for you."
"It's okay Coop, it's not your fault."
He pressed his lips together as we continued walking in silence. It was not uncomfortable, there was just not much to say.

I saw doctor coming out the room and quickly ran up to him.
"Hey, uh, how is he?"
"Well, not much changed. Everything is the same, we changed some bandages and checked the IV."
"Can I go back in?"
"Yeah, of course. But just one person at the time."
"Okay, thank you so much." I quickly walked in the room closing the doors behind me.

Maybe that was a little rude that I didn't talk to none of them, but, nothing important happened anyway.

"Hey babyy." I said slowly sitting on the chair next to him holding his hand.
"I'm back, they kinda pushed me out of the room. I don't know why though. I-I don't know how is it to be in coma, so if you are dreaming something, I hope it's something nice. Your parents are on the way here, they are both worried, even though they don't know much about what happened. I guess I don't either, but I'll be with you. Please, if you can hear me, please, do something. Move, just a little. Squeeze my hand, something."

I sighed when he didn't do anything. Not a single move. Dammit.
Someone knocked on the doors, making me jump up slightly as I got scared.

"Wait a sec, I gotta see who is it. Maybe that's your parents."
I pecked his forehead and walked to doors. I opened them, to see everyone there, Amy and Addison in each other embraces crying, while everyone hugged with John. He spotted me, immediately walking closer and embracing me in tight hug.

The same second he did, I broke down crying, I could feel few of his tears on top of my head as his chin rested there.
"He's strong Lexi, and h-he needs us to be strong for him." I nodded as we pulled away.
"Hi Lex." Amy said sniffling and I pulled her in the tight hug. I can just imagine how she feels.
"C-can we go in?" She asked between her sobs.
"Only one person. You can go in, I told him you are coming. They said he can hear what we are talking." She nodded, still hugging me.
"Please, I know he looks bad, and lifeless, j-just try not to cry much there. H-He can hear you, and I think the last thing he wants to hear now is us crying. I was the only person to see him after they finished the surgery, I know how you'll feel." She nodded pulling away from the hug.
"Thank you."
I nodded giving her a weak smile before she walked in.

Look at this, all of us out here crying. We need to be stronger, for him.

°°°°°°°°°°

Aye, a really short one so I could start Jaden's P.O.V.
words count: 1016