Chapter 22 Little Autumn

~Ana~

When the gun shot fired, I tried to hold in my scream, hold in my tears. 'Marie's not dead, Marie's not dead, Marie's not dead'I kept telling myself over and over again. 'What if I'm wrong, what if she is dead. What will happen to my baby?! What will happen to me?! What if..... What if...' All of a sudden, I didn't hear movements. No footsteps, nothing but cold dead silence and the sound of my heart beating faster and faster. I got scared. Chills ran down my back, giving me goosebumps. Then I felt little kicks in my belly from the baby. I whispered "It's ok we're gonna be fine, we're gonna be ok" I can sense that she was scared through me, she was scared. I didn't want her to come into this world, frighten and afraid. I wanted her to come into this world feeling love and secure. I want have what's best her for and not come into this world having an abusive father who only wants to have a son. That's the whole reason why he beats me everyday. James wanted a son to pass all his fortune to, not a girl.

Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs, I searched for any kind of weapon that was around me, but sadly all I found was an umbrella. I didn't have the courage that Marie had, I was always a bit shy. Marie was the fighter and I was the runner. The footsteps came closer and closer, until finally I heard a man's voice that wasn't James's. "Marie!?" He said. It was Eddie, the handsome man that Marie came home with. I swung open the door saying "Eddie! Eddie!" Loud enough to get his attention, but quite enough for the whole house to not hear.

~Eddie~

I saw Ana crawl out of the closet, calling my name. "Eddie! Eddie!" She says in a loud whisper. I run towards her, helping her from up the ground. "Where's Marie?" I questioned for I was worried. "I don't know, all I heard was a gunshot" she said frighten. Her hands were shaking, when I looked upon her face, I tighten my fist. She had a nose covered in blood, bruises all around her eyes and cheeks, and her bottom lip, bruised with purple and red mixed. "Did James do this?" I asked calmly. She nodded her head, then silent tears came falling down her purple and blue cheeks. I could tell, crying for her hurts.

If James dares put one finger or even a mark on Marie, I'll send him to his grave. Out of the blue, I heard piano playing coming from the music room. 'Marie!' I ran to the sound where the music was coming from and entered the room.
Marie was playing the piano while James was sitting down in a chair, holding a gun at Marie. When James saw me and Ana he pointed the gun at us and told us to sit down.
James had claw marks on his face probably made by Ana who tried to defend herself. We did what he said and sat down on the couch looking at the fireplace, lit with flames. That look in his eyes, the look of crazy, madness it didn't scare me but gun did.
"Finally, where all here" James said in a enthusiastic voice then laughed to himself like a crazy person. He pointed the gun at Ana who was sitting right next to me. "You know Ana, baby, you know I love you so much-" James stroke the gun against Ana's skin then gave her a kiss on the forehead. "But! When you try to do something stupid! Like this!" James grips her by her black hair and she is forced to look at the marks on his face. "Then, I don't know if I can forgive you" he lets her go then walks aways and towards Marie. She look at gun, like it was nothing and at James the same. With those fiery red eyes matching the flames in the fireplace.

~Marie~

I wasn't at all afraid of James, even with his gun I wasn't afraid. Sure I was surprised, but afraid no. He pointed the gun at me, trying to scare me. Then started sniffing my hair and rubbing his white skin against it. James looked at Eddie (who looked like he was about to go off) with a grin. "Isn't she beautiful?, Eddie" James said trying to tease Eddie, trying to make him mad. With the gun still pointed at me, James pulled me from my chair and twirled me around in circles, showing me off like I was his. Eddie looked furious, his eyes turned to a piercing cold blue. After several twirls, James force his body close to mine and I showed a face of disgust. Compare to James's height and mine, I was literally taller then him by two inches. "My god,-" James took a sniff at my neck. "She smells wonderful, almost like vanilla or-" Eddie got so furious that he stood up and charged at James, but James held me by the chin and jaw, and pointed the gun at Eddie who stopped. James's hand was tightly wrapped around my jaw, close to my mouth. As James grinned at Eddie, he also starts to put his fingers in my mouth.