Chapter 1: Lightning

It was a rainy day tonight; a certain purple haired kid was reading his favorite book past his bedtime.

"The sun is big enough to fit a million Earths!" Kaito read out loud excitedly. "Isn't that interesting, Glob?" He asked a small green plush alien that was tucked in bed next to him.

"I think it is very interesting Kaito." He said in a different voice while moving Glob.

"I know right!?" Kaito said happily.

 Suddenly, a light flickered outside his window, then a loud sound was heard which made the boy hide in his covers.

"Ahhh! What was that Glob!?" Kaito said as he hid under the covers. "It sounds so scary!"

 After a few second, he peeked his head and looked outside the window. The window had blinds but you could still see light from the outside.

"I think the sound is gone." Kaito said before another light flashed and another loud sound appeared which made him hide again. "The sound is back!"

Kaito was shivering in his bed, hugging Glob for comfort.

"What do you think that sound is?" Kaito asked the plush alien.

"I think it's aliens!" He made the plush said. "EVIL aliens!"

"Evil aliens!? Noooo! I don't want to get abducted!"

"I don't think they will abduct you! You're a strong space man!"

"Strong? Yeah! I am a strong space man!" Kaito said confidently before another lighting happened. "But not a strong enough space man for this!"

After a few more lighting strikes, Kaito was now starting to tear up.

"Do you know what would make you feel better?" Glob 'said'.

"What Glob?" Kaito asked the alien.

"Your dads would know what to do!"

"Dads?"

"Yeah! They would know what to do!"

"Yes! They would know how to help space man Kaito!"

 Kaito said as he got out of bed and opened his bedroom door. He walked down the long dark hallway, it was scary but he had got on his glow up shoes. No one was in the hallway except for Kaito and Glob, until he turned a corner and saw a familiar figure in a distance.

"Who's there!?" Kaito yelled out at the figure. "Are you an alien!? I mean no harm!"

"ALIEN!?" The figure screamed. "Who are you calling an alien you jerk!"

"Oh, hi Tenko." Kaito said, he can recognize his sister's voice anywhere. "What are you doing here!?"

"I-I'm just hungry!" Tenko said defensively, then a lighting strike happens and both of them flinched and screamed.

"N-No you're not! You're here because you're scared of the sounds of aliens outside!"

"There's no such thing as aliens! And... why are you here!?"

"For the same reason as you! Dads would know what to do!"

"Wow! You're such a scaredy cat!"

"Hey! You're no different!"

 The two were screaming at eachother, although their siblings they can't get along with eachother. Suddenly, a door opened and both of them screamed.

"Kids! What are you doing here!?" Taka asked, surprised to see his two kids in front of his door.

"Dad! There are evil aliens outside! They've been making scary sounds!" Kaito said hugging Taka's leg.

"Scary sounds?" As Taka said that a lightning strike can be heard, and made Tenko also hugged he father's leg.

"That sound! It's so scary!" Kaito yelled, scared.

"Oh..." Taka said leaning down to his children and started comforting them. "It's not aliens... It's lightning."

"Lightning? What is that?" Tenko asked, scared like her brother.

"Lightning is something that sometimes happens on rainy days. They sound scary but they're usually harmless."

"Why is there light when it happens?" Kaito asked.

"Because, lightning is like electricity and..." Taka began. "I'll teach you two how lightning work in the morning. Now, it's past your bedtimes!"

"But... I'm still scared dad..." Tenko said as she hugged her father tighter.

"Can we sleep with you for tonight dad?" Kaito asked.

Taka sighed and picked up his children and walked to his bed where his husband was at.

"The kids are scared of the lightning eh?" Mondo said, having heard the interaction.

"Yes sweetheart, they want to sleep with us for tonight because they're scared."

"Alright." Mondo said as he scooted over to the side.

 Taka placed his two children and got into bed with them. Although he would have liked them to be sleeping in their own beds, they were scared and he didn't want them to start having nightmares. Plus, his kids were more important than his sleep, even if they weren't his biologically.

"Goodnight kids." Mondo and Taka said simultaneously.

"Goodnight dads!" Tenko and Kaito said before drifting off to sleep immediately.

(If you're wondering why Kirumi isn't here, she was adopted at a later time and will be introduced in a future Chapter. Tenko and Kaito in this Chapter are 4-5 years old.)