07 | Introspective: I

Start from the beginning

     "If you understand, why let him go?" I stopped raking and stared back at him.

     He looked me up and down and backed off a bit. "Listen, Y/N, I don't want to upset you. I want to help you."

     I hesitated, "I am upset, help me how?"

     He looked hesitant as well. Perhaps he didn't expect to get too far into this conversation. I let air out through my nose in annoyance and turned around to continue raking.

     "I can take you someplace I like to go whenever there is much on my mind," he announced.

     I looked back at him with a questioning look. His body language expressed suggestiveness. I could tell he really wanted me to feel better. I sighed.

     "You are a good friend," I walked over to him and placed a hand on his bulky arm. "But I still have work to get done," I stated before continuing to rake. "Wow, I'm a friend? How nice of you," I heard him chuckle, but I ignored.

     "Y/N," I felt his hand grab my arm to stop me from raking. I looked back at him with pressed brows. "You can continue later or tomorrow, besides, you've been workin' all day! I'm proud! But right now, you need this, I can feel it," he gave me caring eyes. I sighed, giving in, "open the gate." He backed off of the gate and opened it, but he seemed as if he wasn't sure of my intentions. I leaned the rake on the outside as I stepped out. Turning around to look at him I defined my answer, "I'll go."

     His face brightened up. "Let's head on out, then." I followed after him as he exit the barn.

     Eventually, as we got to the gate, we both jumped it and made our way down.

     "Where is this place, exactly?" I asked, gazing over at him. He chuckled, "hope you're ready to go for a dive." My eyes widened and I looked down at what I was wearing. I had on a dark green long tube top that hugged my skin, and some leather arm bracers. For the bottom, I wore an Ordona-styled skirt. "I can't swim with a skirt!" I complained, flustered. "You can get rid of it for a bit," he suggested, shrugging. My cheeks flushed red and I stopped in my tracks but he kept walking. "Aren't you like, old? You're being a creep," I crossed my arms.

     "Woah, woah, woah," he stopped and turned back at me, "do I really seem that old?" He lifted a brow at me. My face turned to confusion. He laughed, "wow, I'm only Link's age." I was immediately shocked. "19?" I exclaimed rather surprised. He laughed and nodded. "Wow, I seriously thought you were like in your late 20s!" I raised a hand to my mouth in embarrassment and laughed it off. "Ah, I'm insulted, do I look it?" He crossed his arms but a smirk lay on his lips. "W-well, it's less the looks and more the respect given to you—you're treated like an elder!" You held your hands behind you. "Don't worry about it," he chuckled and continued walking.

     "How come you never hang out with Link, Ilia and the kids all as a group?" I questioned. "Well, look at me," he smiled as he referred to his muscly arms, "do I look like I ever stop working?" Inodded my head once in comprehension, "oh."

     "Yeah," he added, "I was born into the family that owns this ranch, now I'm the only one in charge of it." I furrowed my eyebrows in concern for him but he didn't seem bothered at all, so I didn't worry too much.

     We made it around by the waterwheel house to it's backside. There's a wooden dock there in which I believed we'd dive from. "Are we only swimming? Is this the place?" I asked. Looking behind me, I saw him already undressing. I felt only a bit awkward. "No," he replied as he continued to undress, "we're swimming to it." Well that's a bit cooler than I expected. I stared at him a bit til he finished. I don't think I've ever seen Fado shirtless, and it made me a bit uneasy. His back held lots of muscle, it was just hard not to look.