Chapter 8

***

***

"I HAVE never heard Samael call me as you did."

"Is it not allowed?" I asked the emperor innocently, hoping he would budge.

Oh, my God! I don't even know where I got this courage and confidence from! Maybe because I created this world so I should know my characters best? But it was as if I was exposing myself to my own doom!

Emperor Astaroth came down, and our eyes had not cut the connection. I would have mistaken him for Samael if I hadn't known he was Renee's father from my novel. He was in his late forties but due to the Asmodean blood flowing through him, he was aging slowly.

On the thirteenth birthday of a de Lovett, 'manifestation' occurs—an event in which they become more mature and the aging process slows down.

So when Samael turns thirteen years old, he will be more mature than nobles and commoners his age.

My mind was interrupted when the emperor lifted me into his arms. His face became closer to mine which was making my heart beat erratically.

"I will allow you to call me that," he said, still looking sharply at me.

My eyes widened, and I swallowed the lump I felt in my throat.

"Sebastian!" the Emperor called his butler to the throne room.

I then heard a knock before an old man approached us.

"Your Majesty, did you call for me?"

"Prepare dinner. The Crown Prince and Princess will join me at the table."

Sebastian nodded to the Emperor again. He moved in a very finesse way. Oh, my gosh! This is precisely what I imagined in the Emperor's butler! He was wearing a black and white suit, and his hair was combed neatly to the back. I guess there were still details in my novel that remain and will happen.

"Of course, Your Majesty."

Instead of putting me down, we went out of the throne room with the emperor carrying me. I saw Samael with crossed arms outside and Rosette bowing from the other side, both waiting for us.

"You," the Emperor called to Rosette. Rosette looked up and remained listening. "Follow Sebastian and help prepare the Princess' meal."

I felt strange because of the way he called me.

Princess . . . The Emperor just called me a princess.

Rosette immediately obeyed the order and quickly went to Sebastian who was walking in the distance but was in a hurry.

The Emperor started walking again, and I noticed that Samael was not too far behind. He was just quiet, but it was noticeable that the two were carrying the same aura.

Like father, like son.

We were taken to the dining hall, where there was a long table with white cloth and beautiful coloured flowers. I think there are twenty seats around the table. The ceiling is also high, and the curtain hanging on the long, wide window is red and gold. At the end of the table was a massive image of the map of the empire in gold.