Chapter 12:

I froze...

I watched as everything turned into chaos. Kids were getting hurt, Ocha got hurt and I couldn't help her. I just froze. I did nothing while Bakugou was getting kidnapped.

After the whole thing I was too terrified to talk to anyone, so I ran. I got back home and cried. For the first time I cried. I felt as if I couldn't do something. Why didn't I fight back? Why didn't I help those who needed me? Why-?

I was cut off by a knock at my door. "Y/N you okay hun?" It was my dad. He walked in and sat next to me. "What happened?" He was concerned after seeing my balling form.

"1-A was attacked and... I did nothing!" I cried out. My dad held me close to him. "The second I was face to face with a villain, I froze. I- I could've saved Bakugou but-"

"Shh calm down." He stroked my hair and tried calming down.

"I can't be a hero, I don't deserve to be one." I sobbed. I felt crushing defeat at that one moment.

"You can still be a hero. You just had a panic attack that's all."

I nodded and was left alone with my thoughts.

The next day I went to visit Deku in the hospital. He was seriously injured. Everyone then began talk about rescuing Bakugou.

"Who want to do it?" Deku asked with enthusiasm.

I felt crushing guilt and anxiety hit me as I quickly left the building. I sat against the wall as tears filled my eyes.

"Y/N are you okay?" Ocha's voice spoke from beside me.

"I- Ocha.." my voice cracked as I broke down. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't save you or Bakugou." I cried. Ocha immediately pulled me into a hug and held me tight. "I froze up, I don't think I can be a hero."

"Y/N calm down. It's okay." She spoke as she patted my back.

"I want to save Bakugou but I'm so scared." I dug my face into Ocha's chest more as I clinged to her.

"Y/N it was your first time fighting against them, everyone froze the first time against villains. If you want to save him you should speak up."

"I'm scared." I cried.

"I know but do what your heart tells you. What do you feel is right?"

"I feel like I should save Bakugou-"

"Then you should. This time, nothing would hold you back. This time, you'll go Plus Ultra!" She smiled as she pumped her fist in the air.

I smiled at that and nodded. "yeah, this time, I'll be Plus Ultra!"