29: Dependence

"Hyung? "
Yoongi called out when he saw the broad back of the elder guy standing at the cash counter.

He had walked to the convenience store to buy something to eat late that evening after having returned from Jisoo's place.

That was when he had noticed Jin too at the place, buying something.

"Are you out of something? "
He asked when the other acknowledged him.

"Yeah. Some ramen. "
Jin answered shortly.

"Same. Let's have it here. "
Yoongi smiled, waving to his can of beers and ramen bowl that the cashier was currently checking out.

Jin didn't say much as the paper guy sat down next to him, their bowls steaming as the waited for it to be prepared.

He had almost finished his bowl when Yoongi spoke, breaking the comfortable silence that had been between them till then.

"Um... Hyung... Jisoo-ssi told us everything today. About you guys' past and stuff. "

Is he here to berate me?

The thought immediately flashed in his head when he heard Yoongi say that.

He wanted to say that he was sorry for everything that had happened to Jisoo, that he didn't mean to do any of that to her, that he was repenting.. But nothing came out.

It was quiet between the two for a minute.

Yoongi was about to say something when he noticed Jin part his lips, swallowing, he expected that Jin would probably say that he was repenting.

But what came out of his mouth surprised Yoongi.

"You all must hate me now then....

I know,  I deserve it. It's fine, I'll stay away from everyone if that's what you need.

But I can't do anything about the classes though.

Let's just stay as strangers from now on since it would make you guys uncomfortable. "

Yoongi could feel his heavy voice struggling to mask whatever he truly felt underneath those words.

He pressed his lips together before parting them again.

While Yoongi was gauging Jin's voice, the latter was busy fretting internally.

That's it. It's all over. She told them everything. They all hate me now.

I am now back to being lonely ain't I?

"You don't have to do all of that hyung.

We never asked you to. "

"Huh? "
Jin reacted, out of character, causing Yoongi to chuckle a bit internally before he continued.

"Whatever happened in the past, stays there.

The Jin hyung we know is the one we all met four years ago in the University. 

Whatever happened in your life before that was done by the person we were yet to meet.

So it doesn't really matter.

That's why please don't misunderstand us or stay away from us. The kids would be worried if you did that. "
Yoongi smiled again.

It was quiet for a while as the both of them sat there, outside the store, weirdly peaceful.
.
.
.
.

Jisoo better start her side like she said.

This might be more serious than I thought.

Yoongi tossed and turned on his bed that night after he had returned.