✙ Chapter 2 ✙

Another update? Wow, pat on the back! Jk, but here you go! Btw, I finally got an instagram: MelAchenbach. Also, I feel like my fans should have a name, you know what I mean? Ideas? Eh, if not, it's alright!

~Lissa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She shouldn't be sent on these assignments," Temp blurted, casting a glare my direction. Nearly four hours later, the three of us found ourselves surrounded by guards, speaking with Amanda at the facility. Like usual, she was wearing a tight skirt and blouse, revealing her envious curves. She was teetering in her high-heels as she slowly walked down the corridor, listening in silence. Her hair was twisted back into a professional bun and bright red lipstick was smeared across her lips. She was still a little jumpy since the werewolves had escaped the facility - because of this, she had guards following her everywhere she went, including the restroom. She must've done cruel and unforgivable things if she really believed that they were going to risk their freedom for revenge on her. "She's basically useless out there."

I gritted my teeth together and Archer bumped his shoulder against mine, catching my attention. "He's only upset because the two of you don't get along."

"He's an ass," I responded, rolling my eyes. Hearing this, Temp whipped around in anger, almost bumping into Amanda. She simply laughed and patted his shoulder, preventing him from retaliating. Archer pinched his lips together and looked down at the marble floor - taking the opportunity, I followed closer behind Amanda, smelling her expensive perfume. "I don't believe I'm useless out there, Amanda. While I don't get along with particular individuals, I just want to make sure people don't get hurt."

Amanda grinned at me over her shoulder. "You're very sweet, Blue."

"She's very fake," Temp commented, shaking his head.

Amanda looked at him. "I understand the two of you don't get along, but it's part of your job to work on assignments together. Temp, you've been complaining about Blue since the first day she's arrived; quite honestly, I haven't noticed a problem with her. She's an excellent addition to this facility and I've never met someone as smart as her before." Amanda glanced at me and I nodded my head, thankful. Flabbergasted, Temp clamped his jaw, angrily. "Whether you like it or not, you two will have to get along, especially with this werewolf we've captured in this facility."

"The one that had escaped before?" Archer asked, doubtful.

She nodded. "Indeed, he happens to be the one who nearly killed me when I was about to execute a loose end, I guess." She smoothed out the wrinkles in her blouse, quickly checking for the guards following us in seriousness. "I ran off, just before he was able to use any of his magic."

"Now, he's back here," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "Purposely?"

"Why would he want to be captured?" Temp questioned, confused.

"We don't know if that was his intention for sure," Amanda responded, quickly. "He was definitely searching for someone, though." Amanda turned down another corridor and reluctantly, we followed after her. Our heavy footsteps echoed throughout the building, sending chills shooting up and down my spine. "We haven't performed many tests on him, only because we've been waiting for you, Blue." At the mention of my nickname, I jumped in my socks and gulped loudly. With her eyes locked on me, she continued, "He's locked in one of the most protected, secured rooms in this building - we need you to enter that room and get some blood and tissue samples."