skating keeps my heart beating

hi !! blue uses he/they pronouns !! forgot to mention it but yes,, that's what they use in unconventional and use here !! <3

"Fucking insane!"

"Fucking insane!"

There's a laugh, a skid, someone sliding down a ramp, a loud cut of laughter piercing through the air. 

Johnny laughs, long hair pushed behind his ears, eyes shining beneath the sunlight as I shake my head at the rowdy motherfuckers I'm forced to call my family. Chosen family.

I exhale a gust of air.

It's five AM in the fucking morning. While I'm many things, not one of those things include being a morning person. On a normal basis, I wait till the very last minute before peeling myself off my bed.

A fucking struggle in and of itself.

So, standing here in the skating park should be the opposite of my character. After all, spending the vast majority of my time listening to Sam Smith at three in the morning is where I normally am at any given time in the night.

Because fuck is their voice beautiful.

But at the moment, I'm stiffly contradicting my regular nights filled with Fire on Fire, and my head tilted backwards as I grasp onto that one second of peace that seems to vanish the second I wake up. 

After all, right now, my earbuds are plugged in, baseball hat facing backwards, t-shirt oversized but stopping just above my bellybutton, washed-out shorts freezing beneath the breeze. 

The skating park isn't too full. After all, it's primarily Johnny and the others. 

"Ri!" Andre's calling out, and my eyes are flickering over to where he is, one arm attempting to be thrown around Johnny's shoulders, who only rolls his eyes and gives the former a lazy push. 

Andre's dark skin glows beneath the rising sun, and I find myself grinning despite my insane sleep-deprivation.

"That was the best you could do?" I shake my head, eyes rolling. "Do better."