Chapter 25

Tw: Suicide, Death

"Sapnap, can I go to the bathroom?" Dream asked, hoping he wouldn't realize. He didn't realize.

"Sure, do you want me to go?" Sapnap responded with, raising his eyebrow; questioning Dream. Dream shook his head.

"I think I'll be fine." Dream said. Sapnap nodded his head, and Dream quickly rolled to the bathroom. It was in the movie theater, he didn't need to leave. He moved away from the seats and moved towards a door with a men's sign on it.

"Wait, fuck." Sapnap mumbled to himself. He sprinted towards Dream. He reached the bathroom door right as he heard a small click. "DREAM! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR NOW!" He kept turning and twisting the handle, before shoving his shoulder onto the door.

Dream barely made it, locking the door right as Sapnap had realized it. He moved into the small bathroom, it was cramped but it didn't matter. He rummaged through his pocket, searching for the pistol he had purchased.

"DREAM OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR BEFORE I KNOCK IT DOWN!" The screaming coming from Sapnap was loud and clear. Dream knew he wouldn't be able to knock down the door; it was an empty threat. He loaded the gun, and placed it onto the side of his head; his finger hovering over the trigger again.

"DREAM DON'T DO IT! PLEASE!" Sapnap heard the gun being loaded, he heard it clearly. He kept knocking on the door loudly. People heard him, some came to try and help him; but they were too late.

One flick of the finger, one tiny movement. One movement that would be thought to be insignificant. Yet that one movement is what ended his life. One 9mm bullet traveled 2.76 inches before reaching its target; the side of Dream's head. The gunshot was heard throughout the entire movie theater. The people who were just about to leave due to not being able to watch the movie; quickly came back to the loud noise.

Dream's head fell forward; blood splattered the mirror, while also staining the floor. Some blood dropped onto his pants; slowly dripping out of his head. The blood accumulated onto his lap, a large, red stain covering his clothing. The manager arrived with the key, they opened the door; revealing Dream. He was still in the wheelchair, but he was covered in blood, and a gun was on the floor, his head slumped towards his lap, facing down. Sapnap quickly entered the room, and saw the tiny hole on the side of his head. It was too late; he was dead.

-

The dark, empty void was all Dream could see. He was gone, he had nobody. He lost everything. He lifted his arms, and glanced at them. He had a body, he had arms, and legs; and eyes, and a face. He looked around. Silence filled the void. Nobody, Dream was alone; it failed.

He cried into his hands, it was over; he did all of that for nothing. He looked up; dark, down, dark. Side to side, the empty area filled his vision. He sobbed, and sobbed. It was done, he had done all of that, but nothing happened. He didn't gain anything.

Suddenly, a light. One little light. It came from afar. It was tiny, or maybe Dream was really far away. He looked at the light. He was confused. Dream didn't know what it was, why the light was so small. Dream was practically being pulled towards the light, closer and closer. The light was clear; it wasn't a light. It was the sun. Grass covered the ground in front of him, flowers appeared.

Glass appeared in front of him, in the shape of the mirror. Walls formed around the glass, gray, cement walls formed a room around him. He looked into the glass; only grass and flowers. He blinked.

What. How is he here?

Sitting on the grass, George. He was healthy, no bruises or burns on his head; almost like it never happened. He ran towards the mirror and looked at him, he was sitting on the ground, playing with a flower. He turned his head upwards, and faced Dream, looking him in the eye. He grinned, and stood up. He held his arm out, his hand coming through the mirror, into the dark room.

"Be with me, Dream." He held his hand out with a smile while talking. Dream was shocked, speechless. It felt fake, but he didn't care. He was with George, even if it was a fake George. He grabbed George's hand and George pulled him in, giggling.

Dream placed his hands on George's sides while looking him in the eye. His brown eyes looked into Dream's green eyes. Dream placed his hands on each side of his face, bringing him into a deep kiss. George smiled into it. It felt great, he was with George again, he was himself again.

They pulled apart, and held hands while walking into the sunset. George gasped and rummaged through his pocket. "I almost forgot," He started to say, while pulling out a small, red flower. "Here," He placed it in Dream's hair, matching the one in his own hair.

"Thank you, George." They kept walking, "I love you so much George. I missed you, a-and now you're back." Dream said as George kept walking with him. The brunet grabbed his shoulders and turned him so that they faced each other. He looked at the blond, and hugged him tightly. Dream chuckled. As George pulled away, Dream kissed him on the forehead, causing his face to turn slightly red.

"Dream," George started to say, maintaining eye contact with the blond. The blond smiled, he got closer to George. The sun had stayed in the same position for the past few minutes, confusing Dream. It looked like it was about to set, but it never did. He turned his gaze back to George, who was trying to think of something to say. He opened his mouth, as if he would say something; but quickly closed it. He looked at the ground.

"What happened, George?" Dream asked with a questioning look. The brunet kept looking at the ground. Suddenly, he lifted his head and went right in front of Dream.

"Dream," he said again. "I love you," he whispered, pulling him into a bear-hug. It felt perfect; it was perfect. Hugging back, it was the one thing they both had wanted.

And they finally got it.