Chapter 20

Three Days Later

-

The sun rose, but Dream was already awake. He was excited; today was the day. George thought it was a normal date; which it wasn't. Dream had prepared, and he couldn't wait.

George yawned loudly before stretching and sitting up, rubbing his eyes. "Good Morning Dream," He said before getting up and brushing his teeth. He showered, he changed into a gray t-shirt and some jeans.

"Can we go to a mall? I want to get some things." Dream asked. George nodded, he helped Dream into the wheelchair. The mall was fairly close to their house, so they walked. George walked next to Dream. It was early, very few people were there. "I was thinking of getting some things on my own, is that okay?" Dream asked.

George frowned slightly, but nodded. He sat down on a bench in the center of the mall. Dream headed towards a clothing shop, picking out two suits, and blue and green ties. Dream paid for it and left, he went to another area. Things were fairly calm. He enters a jewelry shop. He picked out a ring, and bought it. It was expensive, but he knew it would be worth it.

Dream smiled as he placed it into a small plastic bag, hiding it inside the larger clothing bag. He strolled to the center of the mall, and waved to George. George stood up and walked towards him, smiling. It was nearing noon, their date was at 7:00 pm. There was still a lot of time left, so they went and ate lunch. It wasn't much, but it was enough.

"George, I got you a suit I want you to wear on the date," He showed him the fresh piece of clothing, George smiled. They walked home, it was peaceful; quiet. George took out his key from his pocket, and opened the door. He walked to their room, Dream following him. George tried on the suit, changing in front of Dream, causing his face to go red.

The suit fit well, Dream grinned as he rolled to George.

"You look really good, George." Dream said, George blushed. George kissed Dream, Dream pulled back slightly before kissing back. Dream pulled back, watching as George panted; trying to catch his breath. Dream lifted his hands up, asking for George to hold him up.

"I need to try my suit too, George." Dream said. George took off Dream's t-shirt, revealing his abs. George's face turned a light pink as he placed the suit onto Dream. It fit perfectly, Dream grinned. 6 hours until the date. George started rummaging through the bag, Dream rolled forward before quickly snatching it. "It's a surprise," Dream said, smiling.

-

30 minutes left. Time went by faster than expected. They had already been walking to the restaurant, Dream chose a fancy one that was kinda far away. Dream had the ring in a tiny box, which he kept in his pocket. George didn't know what it was. He would guess it was a ring, he wanted it to be a ring. But he thought Dream didn't feel the same way, he thought Dream wasn't ready.

They arrived at the restaurant. George recognized some people from his church. The waiter found them a seat, and Dream stayed in his wheelchair. George sat in the chair across from Dream. He smiled at him while they ordered their food.

You can do this Dream, you can do this.

They served the food, both men eating it slowly; savoring it. Dream leaned back and exhaled loudly.

What if he says no?

Thoughts swarmed his head. What if George said no? What if George breaks up with me? What if George says he isn't ready?

Dream was breathing sharply, rapidly; George could easily notice.

"Everything okay, Dream?" George asked. Dream took a couple seconds to regain composure, before answering.

"Yep, everything's fine." Dream adjusted his tie and leaned forward. He drank some of his water, giving a small smile to George. He took another bite of his steak, before using napkins to clean his hands and taking another gulp of water. He placed the cup back next to his plate, before breathing in and out loudly.

George looked around. Multiple people were watching them. George cleared his throat, before placing his hand on top of Dream's. Dream used his right hand to cut another piece of steak, bringing it to his mouth before biting. George turned Dream's hand around, so his palm was facing up. He traced the three lines that ran through his palm. Dream looked at him; face pink, and looked back at his food.

He took another bite while George kept playing with his hand. At this point, pretty much everybody was watching the two men, but they didn't care. Most people glared at Dream and George, some gave them looks of disgust.

George intertwined his fingers with Dreams. They both got a clear look at who's hand is bigger, as Dream's dwarfed George's hand. Dream finished his steak, drinking some water before wiping his hands with another napkin.

George had already finished eating a long time ago, he was waiting for Dream. Waiting, because he knew what Dream was about to say; and it made him ecstatic. It made him happy, that Dream trusted him enough to do it.

Dream cleared his throat loudly, before pulling his hands away from George; who frowned. He pulled out a small, black box that had tiny writing on it. George grinned ear to ear.

"George, I love you so, so much." He started to say. "I wish I could do this properly, but as you can see; I can't." He said while he motioned his hands toward his wheelchair. "I love you George. Will you marry me?"

It was only a minute, but for one minute; life was perfect. Everybody else was gone. The restaurant had turned into a small room in George's mind, where only him and Dream existed. He smiled as he felt tears roll down his face, as Dream held the box open; revealing the small, diamond ring. Everything was perfect.