Chapter 13

Life is short, there is no time; at least for them

-

George sighed at the touch, the embrace. He wasn't tired, he had been sleeping for a long time now. It was nearing morning, George wanted to get up. But he knew Dream was tired; so he stayed there, comforting him.

It was nice, it was peaceful. George loved moments like that, moments where it was just him and Dream. He wanted more, he needed more. More relaxation. Life seemed good, but that was an illusion.

George didn't know how long he stayed there, he waited until Dream woke up, his eyes were red, and tear marks covered his lower face. Dream was wearing a green t-shirt and some shorts. George knew he had stayed up for most of the night.

Dream repositioned himself on the bed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes; slapping himself lightly to wake himself up. He leaned back down to kiss George on the forehead, before swiftly getting up and entering the shower.

He looked into the mirror, expecting to see himself. The scene, the nightmare; it was happening again. He walks away, not wanting to torture himself with that. He entered the shower, and kept the water cold. His skin shivered at the freezing touch. It was an easy way to wake him up.

George looked at the clock on the wall; 11:49. He watched as the seconds ticked by, seconds turning into minutes. He heard the shower stop, as Dream exits in a shower robe. Eye bags were clearly visible, he looked scared.

Dream walks around the room for a while, before finding some clothes to put on.
"So, we have to stream today, what are we gonna say?" Dream leaned down to pick up his phone, which was on the floor. He exhaled loudly before scrolling through twitter, glancing at the constant tweets about him.

Dream hasn't streamed in a week

When will Dream stream?

Dream, are you ok?

Dream rubbed his eyes, he looked to George, who was on his computer; getting minecraft started. They never stream this early, but they decided to do it anyway. George got things set up, while Dream drank some coffee.

"What are we gonna tell them? Do we tell them about it?" Dream asked as he brought a chair next to George. He gave a small smile at him as he rubbed his back. He got closer, leaning in and placing a kiss on George's cheek; causing George to smile and blush.

"It's up to you," George said while getting his streaming equipment ready; excluding the face cam. Dream sat down and leaned back in his chair, which was right next to George's.

It felt odd, it felt weird. When they started the stream, it was different.
"Hey everybody, surprise! I visited George," Dream said while signaling to George. Dream smiled and laughed, the stream was fun, like always. Time went by fast, I guess that's what happens when your father isn't there trying to kill you.

They got on call with Fundy, Quackity, Sapnap and Wilbur. They talked with them throughout the stream; things were finally looking good. George had reached a new record for no problematic bullshit.

It felt refreshing. They had been streaming for a couple hours by now, they quickly logged off, but stayed on call. They talked for a while, mostly boring conversations. Dream was talking about trying to speedrun again, Sapnap was making fun of them, as always. Quackity was trying to teach spanish to everybody. Wilbur had left, and Fundy stayed quiet for most of the call.

"Sorry guys, I gotta go," Sapnap said before leaving the call. Quackity followed suit, also leaving. The call fell silent, Fundy wasn't saying anything. Dream and George just kinda sat there. Dream got up and brought back two cups of water.

Dream giggled as George gulped down the water rapidly. "I love you, George," Dream said as he placed his hands on each side of George's head; pulling him into a deep kiss. Dream scooted closer to George, while George kissed back. They hadn't muted.

Dream was a person, so was George. People make mistakes, right? Except some mistakes are worse than others, and god was this one bad. Dream pulled back panting, as well as George. He glanced at the screen, he hadn't muted. Fundy had heard.

"Fuck both of you," Fundy said before leaving the call. Dream banged the desk, spilling the glass of water.

"Fuck," Dream muttered under his breath, trying to clean up the spilled water. Fundy wouldn't do anything, right? He'd probably forget in a couple hours. What was he going to do anyway?

-

Dream doing that couldn't have been a bad thing, right? Sometimes it's ok to make mistakes, this time it wasn't. George walked into the kitchen, while Dream cleaned up the table, which was covered with water.

One man, one man existed. That one man wanted to waste all his time; use all his effort, to ruin someone's life. Maybe he had a good reason. Maybe his reason made sense. But it didn't; it didn't make sense.

Dream laid back on the bed. They had spent a good while streaming, and both men were tired. Dream smiled as George laid next to Dream, hugging him tightly.

George quickly fell asleep, not bothering changing or getting ready. Dream knew he would have to wake him up sooner or later.

-

Midnight. It was raining, producing an annoying noise against the windows. It felt like one of those scenes in a horror movie. Dream had been tossing and turning in bed, not being able to do anything. He was so tired, yet so awake.

Silence. Tip toeing across the room. It felt as if time came to a stop. It looked so hopeful for one day, one hour; one second. But life isn't perfect, and it will never be.

Why was someone tip toeing in Dream and George's house, you might ask. It wasn't just anybody, it was a certain friend who wanted revenge. Maybe he was angry at them, maybe one of them had taken the love of his life; his crush. Maybe, George had taken Dream away from them, and they felt the need for revenge. Maybe that one person; was Fundy.

Word Count: 1050