Chapter 18

The drive home was fairly boring, little traffic appeared as George entered his town; going up the hill that led to his house. It was late; almost midnight. He entered his house and picked up some essentials, some clothes, and some of Dream's clothes. He didn't want to spend too much time there; he wanted to be with Dream as long as possible.

He swiftly entered his car and started it before driving towards the hospital. It was far away, but the roads were empty; probably because it was midnight. George pulled into the parking lot outside of the large building before entering.

-

Birds chirped loudly, almost like they were right next to Dream's ear. Dream opened his eyes, not knowing what to expect. He appeared in some sort of forest, blooming flowers coating the emerald grass. Trees surrounded most of the area, making it hard to navigate.

The sun shined brightly into his eyes, it seemed to be around noon. Rabbits jumped along the edge of the grasspatch, near the trees. Bees flew around some of the flowers, birds chirped in the distance.

It was peaceful. It was calming. It took his mind off of what had just happened; and what was going to happen. It felt so good.

Distant yells. They got closer and closer, as the trees were set on fire, the birds disappeared. The rabbits had hopped deep into the vast forest. A large campfire reduced traveling through the grass patch. People suddenly appeared, popping out of the ground. Some recognizable faces; however most wore masks. The fire increased, as well as the yelling.

Dream closed his eyes, he knew what was going on; he didn't accept it. He didn't want to see it again; see him again, in that position, dying slowly.

He walked back slowly, and opened his eyes, thinking he had escaped the situation. He opened his eyes to the man's motionless body, the fire had died down. The man had stopped yelling; he laid there, his clothes were teared and his body was covered with bruises and burns.

The man's eyes opened, causing Dream to jump back. The man slowly stood up, and walked over next to Dream.

"Y-You did this, you son of a bitch," The man mumbled before disappearing, dissolving into ashes. Dream felt the tears develop on his eyes, blurring his vision. He walked back, tripping on what he thought was a log. He landed on his back, and quickly scooted backwards. It wasn't a log, it was George. His motionless body laid on the ground, bruises covered his stomach and face. Blood seeped from the top of his head to the grass. He-

-

"DREAM! Wake up!" George shook Dream's shoulders while standing next to his bed. Dream cursed under his breath, tears slowly falling down his face, rolling onto his shirt. He quickly sat up, tears still falling. He cried into his hands, trying to calm himself.

"Dream? What happened?" George asked as he tried to comfort Dream. Dream wiped the tears off his face, as he looked at George; shaking. "Was it a nightmare?" George asked. Dream nodded in response. George sat in the chair next to Dream's bed, rubbing his back.

Dream laid back down, George placed his hand on top of Dream's. It hurt knowing he could never tell George; he didn't want to tell him. About the nightmares, he didn't want George to worry about them.

"I dreamed about you. It wasn't a good dream," Dream started to say. "Y-You were on the ground, and you were getting kicked and punched. People threw you into a fire. I-I," Dream cut himself off.

George stood up and hugged Dream, trying to calm him down. He placed a kiss on his cheek and returned to his seat.

"Dream, I love you; If you're worried about me dying, I can understand that. But you shouldn't worry, I'm here for you, and I always will be." George gave a small smile, patting him on the back before standing up again. "The doctor said we'll have to stay for two weeks total." He added.

George walked to two suitcases he had brought. He pulled out some clothes as he went into the closet and changed. Dream had been wearing the same clothes for the past days now, so George pulled out a fresh, new pair. Dream looked at him confused.

George quickly took off Dream's pants and turned away to take off his boxers. Dream blushed as George placed the boxers to his knees, Dream moving them up all the way. George slipped on the pair of sweatpants and changed his shirt. Dream smiled as George sat back down in the chair, sighing and leaning back.

"C'mon George, lets go!" Dream said enthusiastically while George looked at him confused.

"Where?" George asked while standing up and putting on his jacket.

"Anywhere! Just not here." Dream smiled as George placed the wheelchair in front of the bed. George helped Dream scoot and sit into it, before pushing the wheelchair and leaving the room.

"So, where are we headed?" George asked. Dream pointed towards a door that led to a garden. George pushed the wheelchair as Dream smiled, pointing at pretty much every plant. George giggled at Dream's childlike behavior.

Dream and George strolled throughout the garden a couple times. They usually made conversation along the way; talking about everything.

"Over here George!" Dream pointed his finger towards yet another door. George opened it out of curiosity; it led to a small balcony. George pushed Dream to the balcony, while Dream looked out onto the ground. They were high up, Dream wasn't afraid of heights; George was.

"Let's go Dream. You know I'm afraid of heights." George held Dream's hand while talking to him, pulling on it; encouraging them to leave.

"It's beautiful, George," Dream pointed to the sunrise, looking at the vast spectrum of colors.

"I'm colorblind, Dream." George said in a monotone voice. Dream giggled as George playfully pushed his shoulder.

"I *wheeze* forgot, I'm sorry; we can-" Dream was cut off as George initiated a deep kiss. The sun had fully risen, allowing the two men to see each other clearly. Dream held George's shoulders, while George held Dream's face. George pulled away slowly, missing the feeling. Dream chuckled as George blushed and drove them back into the garden.

"Who's the taller one now, Dream?" George asked in a challenging voice. Dream laughed as they entered the building. George moved Dream back onto the bed, and quickly pulled out an air mattress from the suitcase.

"You didn't have to do that, George."

George smiled, "But I did, and I will." He placed the air mattress on the floor next to Dream's bed, he started pumping it. George took a remote from the desk and lowered Dream's bed to be the same height as the mattress. George brought out a blanket from one of the suitcases, and placed it on the bed. Dream smiled as George placed the blanket over the two. Dream started snoring almost instantly, which made George giggle quietly. George pulled closer into Dream, cuddling him as he placed his head on Dream's shoulder; falling asleep.