twenty five

. revealed .

needing to leave the house, blair left with clay to the park where they had shared their first kiss. and although this time was less magical, it was more than enough for them both to just be spending the blissful moment together, little to nothing in the back of their heads pestering them which was unusual.

they walked to the very same place their past ghosts once sat, the humid breeze whispering in their ears as the reminisced.

both of their guilt was subsided momentarily, and they basked in the ecstasy of it all for as long as the universe allowed.

when they finally had to go head back home, they had rushed to gaming, still marvelling in the sweetness which life had provided and they tried to cling onto it, yet the illusion was soon shattered when blair made the mistake of passing by memory lane.

"everything's fine. i'm here, it's okay." clay tried to calm down blair as he noticed her begin to panic, though clay wasn't sure why.

she began murmuring in attempts to speak, but no real words were formed.

"it's fine, take your time."

"it's my f-fault." she forced out the words,

blair's mind had mercilessly replayed hunters harsh words inside her head with no hesitation, 'i'm sorry, and it's your fault.' those words hurt more than any of her past scars, and there was nothing she could do now.

"what? what's your fault?" clay sat patiently next to the broken blair, trying his best to calm her,

"hunter." she tried to explain,

"what he did wasn't your fault, in any way," he comforted, "he chose to do it,"

" 'i'm sorry, and it's your fault'," she quoted, "he said, 'i'm sorry, and it's your fault'," she repeated,

"oh blair..." he sympathised, realising what she was talking about,

clay pulled her into her hug and she clung onto his shirt, crying softly. blair felt his fingers running through her hair and she felt grounded again, yet was still frustrated at herself for everything.

when he finally felt her calming down he pulled away, checking that she was no longer crying.

"i'm so sorry."

—————

one week later, and blair hadn't had another panic attack like that, only small bursts of guilt and horror, soon calmed by clay and her own will striving to be better.

their twitter fans almost found out about what happened at disney, and of course tried to spread the word, but luckily others only responded to them saying it was disrespectful. the group which had gone to disney were all relieved and thankful it hadn't gotten out, blair especially.

the two sat on the sofa with their pizza which they had ordered prior to their lounging about.

"broccoli on pizza? are you serious?" blair looked at clay in disgust,

"try it before you start hating on it, trust me." he begged,

"okay..." she said hesitantly, picking up a slice, "but only because i love you."

the words had come naturally to blair, and she hadn't realised what she had said until a few seconds later. she clearly caught clay off guard as he fell silent, yet she had no intentions of retracting her words, although she was shocked.

"i love you too."

- a/n -

legit gonna admit i have no more ideas for this story, so the next ones are also probably going to be short.