fourteen

. prank calls .

blair woke up, back again in clays guest room. she opened her eyes and turned onto her back, staring at the ceiling, she had almost no want to get out of bed, the warmth held her in place like an invisible weight pulling her down. she tried moving her muscles but to no avail, until she heard a quiet knock at her door and she shot up, suddenly forgetting her depressive state.

"yeah?" she said groggily and she saw the door creak open revealing a smiling clay,

"hey, i made some breakfast if you want it?"

"yes! you're the best cook." she pulled away from the comforting warmth which had inprisoned her, and walked towards to smell of the delicious food.

clay had made his original english breakfast which he made blair the first morning she was with him, and although content with clay, her appetite had been greatly reduced from the uneasy feeling in her stomach. it felt as if the butterflies in her stomach had grown razor blades for wings, and were killing her from the inside, but she desperately wanted to feel normal again. although wasn't sure if that was even possible anymore.

clay started to notice her discomfort, looking at her glossy eyes.
"are you okay?" he said, concern lacing his voice,

"yup, i'm fine."

he had heard that sentence too much recently, but he decided to turn a blind eye, because he wanted that statement to be true which only resulted in blind hope, bedded in his naivety.

"oh, clay?" she pushed away the half empty plate, unable to stomach anymore,

"yeah?"

"thank you for letting me stay here for a bit."

"it's really no problem, i like the company."
she smiled at him with gratitude,
"so, you said you needed to stream, so you could do something on the smp?" he said casually, "i mean, if you want."

"that would be great!"

————

"wap! wap! wap!" tommy shouted at the top of his lungs, to which wilbur and blair laughed loudly, "it means worship and prayer!" he clarified, also now laughing.

"tom, my chat are spamming wap now! what have you done." blair complained,

"did you just fucking call me tom?" he stopped running around in minecraft to turn and face blair, silently staring at her character,

"fucking tom." wilbur mocked,

"aw, am i not allowed to call you tom? i call wilbur will, and dream is greeny." she waited for a response but all she heard was silence,

"speaking of dream!" he said gruffly, changing the subject after a while of pondering, "are you still with him? i have something to say to that mofo." he spoke dramatically,

"greeny! tom wants to speak to you!" she called out, making use of her new nickname for tommy,

"oh you really are with him, shit."

"tommy, you don't think things through." wilbur made fun of tommy.

clay walked into the room confused, he leaned over her shoulder taking one ear bud and nearing the mic.

"hello, tommy."

"uh, hi, dream." he said nervously, blair and wilbur stayed quiet.

"what did you want to say?"

tommy thought for a while, "is george jealous?"

"of what?"

"she just called you greeny." he explained vaguely and chuckled to himself,

"she also called you tom, but," he mumbled, as if mocking tommy, "but i think george should be jealous." he teased,

"clay!" blair hit his arm playfully, and he cackled in response, "you know what; georgie, your man is not loyal, you can do better than dream."

"mans ain't good enough for gogy." wilbur continued the joke,

the three continued bullying clay, blair occasionally assuring him they were kidding, and they had a fun stream, despite not getting much done on the server.

blair jumped as her phone began to ring beside her, she went to see who it was but all that showed was a number, so she hung up not thinking much of it.
when it started to ring again, from the same number, she panicked a little internally.

"guys, keep the stream entertained for a sec." she said as she went on mute answering the call, clay still beside her,

"hello?" she said, hoping to hear a response from the voice on the other end, but was only answered by an eerie silence followed by the sound of the person hanging up,

"who was that?" clay questioned to which blair shrugged and continued the stream with the eerie phone call in the back of her head, almost taunting her.

she had her suspicions, the main suspect being hunter, but also had to use logic which implied it either being a prank call or the worst-best case scenario being her number was leaked. which was easily fixable for the most part, so she did her best not to worry or obsess over the call.

blair ended the stream slightly earlier than she expected, needing a break from the chaos to think.

a while after the stream ended, she decided to call wilbur to try and calm her down and tell her she's being crazy, yet he didn't pick up. nor the second, or even third time she tried to call.

she slumped down on the floor next to her bed in defeat, stuck in a loop of conspiracies spiralling from the phone call. knowing that one little phone call could cause so much damage scared blair, she felt as if she was going mad, and when the door creaked open just like it did in the morning, blair didn't spring up as usual, she stayed sat with her knees to chest and chewing her nails pathetically.

clays facial expressions softened, and he looked disheartened at the sight of the state blair was in.

clay tried to find the right words to comfort her, but upon realising he had none, he sat by her side pulling her into an effectionate embrace, to which she hugged tightly back.

the pair sat on the floor in silence for a long time, neither one daring to say a word, since neither needed to.

- a/n -

idk man, i feel like this is getting worse and worse because i'm feeling so much pressure to upload lmao. it's fine tho, just trying my best :)