28

Sleep. Hermione didn't want to sleep. She had been pestering Pansy with questions all day after potions. Hermione had wondered if Michael Corner was just a cover up for Blaise.

Had Blaise been the one to take her to the ball?

Why hadn't she told her?

Hermione couldn't help but feel a bit angered at her newly best friend. She lied to Hermione about who had taken her to the ball. She didn't want to tell Hermione. Hermione had pried Draco for information. She asked a countless amount of times, wether or not he had known this whole time.

It's turns out, Draco was just as much in the dark about Pansy and Blaise as Hermione was. Hermione hated not knowing, it was something she tried her best to prevent. If Hermione didn't know something, she felt weird, out of place.

Draco had as well had a row with Blaise about the information he with held form his best mate. Blaise had simply shrugged him off with an excuse. Draco wasn't buying his excuses. No, Draco had not been as invested about Blaise and Pansy as Hermione, but he was disappointed Blaise hadn't at least told him.

Draco and Blaise had been best mates since before Hogwarts, with their fathers being mates and all. Draco had felt weirdly offended that  Blaise felt the need to not tell him. 

Draco was saddened he couldn't tell Hermione that he did know information about their friends secret relationship, but he did not.

With a flick of her wrist, Hermione lit the candle next to her.

"Pansy-

"Hermione Granger! Go to sleep!" Pansy scolded her friend in the darkness.

"But-

"No! Fine, I'll tell you everything tomorrow, ok?" Pansy gave in.

"Alright!" Hermione squeaked before blowing out the lit candle.

Pansy had her reasons for not telling Hermione. She didn't want to be judged. Yes, Pansy knew Hermione wasn't someone who would judge her, but others would. If Pansy had told Hermione about her and Blaise, the word would most certainly get out. People would have their opinions, Pansy just wasn't ready to hear them. 

Pansy was definitely not someone who took all someone's opinion on her with a tight smile. No, Pansy would immediately stand up for herself in ways she knew she would leave people speechless. Pansy could stand up for herself, most definitely, but could she stand up for her and Blaise?

How Draco and Hermione went through all the negatively amazed Pansy. Hope. Pansy felt hope at the sight of Hermione and Draco being able to go through such harsh words together.

Would her and Blaise be able to do the same?

Would they get through it together, like Hermione and Draco? 

Pansy pushed her thoughts aside. Glancing at her curios curly haired brunette best friend, she felt envy all over again.

Pansy did not exactly directly feel envy for just Hermione. She felt it towards her and Dracos relationship. How they fought through the negative comments or opinions, leaving, not one scratch on their relationship. Or at least thats what Pansy knew.

The next morning, Pansy was being loaded with questions form Hermione as she got ready for the day. It was Saturday, no classes, Pansy had plans to go to Hogsmeade with Blaise. Of course Hermione did not know this, she was too scared to tell her.

Pansy calmly answered her questions with the cold hard truth. Hermiones eyes filled sadness as she listened to her solemn filled best friend. Pansy absolutely hated the look in Hermiones eyes. She knew she could trust her not to tell anyone. She felt guilt rise upon her as Hermione quickly shuffled out of the room with an excuse about meeting Draco.

Once she was alone, she took a deep breath, she should have told her. Pansy should have told Hermione. Yet, she didn't. Grabbing her wand, Pansy swiftly left the dormitory to meet Blaise.

As Hermione strode down the halls, on her way to the library, she heard heard a voice.

"Hermione! Hermione wait up!" Hermione turned to see Ginny jogging up to her. Stopping, Hermione waited to catch up with her before walking slower.

"Hey gin" said Hermione tightly. She quickly averted her gaze towards her destination, the library.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" Ginny asked with an arched brow.

"Nothing, it's just Pansy, she...she lied to me about something and now all I feel is betrayed. I know, her life, her decisions... but-

"You thought she could trust you"
Ginny cut her off with a slight smile.

"Yea" Hermione confirmed with a bob of her head. Shaking her head, Hermione forced the thought of Pansy out of her head. "So, how's quidditch?"

"Great, everyone on the team seems to think I'm a great captain, which I wholeheartedly agree with" Ginny answered proudly with a rise of her head, making Hermione puff a laugh.

"Yes Ginny, we all know what an amazing captain you are" Hermione replied sarcastically.

"I'm offended" Ginny said in high pitched tone with a hand to her chest.

Hermione opened her mouth to reply when a voice called out.

"Hermione!" The girls spun around to see Draco striding up to them.

With a roll of her eyes, Ginny quickly made a beeline straight ahead without a clue as to where she was going.

Hermione rolled her eyes at her fiery best friends pettiness. Leaning up, Hermione placed a teasing kiss of Dracos lips. With a devilish smile. Hermione pulled away, expecting his playfully angered expression.

"I see weaslette still hates me" Draco said curtly. Wrapping an arm around her waist, Draco lead them into the library.

"I guess so" Hermione agreed with a sigh. Seating herself on a loveseat in the library, Draco quickly pulled her onto his lap, making her squeak.

Draco immediately began to attack her jaw and neck with small kisses full of lust. The two had not seen each other all morning. Hermione knew she should not, but she really did miss him, even if she had seen him the day before. Draco had always pouted when Hermione had to separate her ways from him.

Draco always hated to see Hermione go, even if it's for the smallest amount of time. He hated it.

Hermione leaned into him, enjoying his presence. "I love you" she whispered against his hair.

"I love you too" Draco murmured against her collarbone.

Hermione

Draco.