23

Hermione and Dracos relationship had been progressing for the better. Hermione had gone to the manor to properly meet his mother. Narcissa had taken an immediate liking to Hermione. They had put their past in the past. Draco made sure he did everything in his power for them not to be lead to drawing room. Hermione had noticed this and was grateful.

Hermione had taken Draco to her new home with her biological father, Severus. Draco had then found out about Harry living their. Severus hadn't always showed his liking towards Draco but nonetheless he protected him. Now that the war was over, Severus had let the side of him that had liked Draco show a tiny bit for his daughter.

The three had left from Severus' house and gone to the burrow for the last three days of winter break. The Weasleys had been reluctant about being civil towards Draco, but for Hermiones sake, they did. Draco had taken to note how well Hermione and the twins had gotten along, a little too well for his liking.

He had noticed how Fred was the one who had made a little more inappropriate jokes to Hermione than George. He reminded himself to ask Hermione about Fred.

Hermione knew if she would have brought anyone else to the burrow, they would've left the second they got there. One of the many things Hermione liked about Draco was how he could meet her intellectually.

Hermione had picked up on how well Draco and Bill had gotten along. They had discussed endlessly about the ministry and how they've been handling things recently. Hermione smiled internally at the sight of Draco getting along with most of the Weasleys.

The only Weasley who had refused to get along was Percy. Draco was alright with it. He hadn't liked Percy much as well. Which Hermione rolled her eyes at.

Draco, Hermione, Harry, Ginny and Ron had all taken it upon themselves to find a compartment together for the train ride back to Hogwarts.

Lavender had found Ron, after searching for a while. The minute she spotted him, she had taken the seat next to him, snuggling up to him.

Harry and Ginny being on the opposite side did their best not to gage. After Ron and lavender had fallen asleep, Harry and Ginny had started a very heated snogging session.

Hermione and Draco had gladly taken a separate compartment.

Talking and laughing was what they had been doing, along with a bit of snogging.

Draco felt alive when he was with Hermione. Hermione had felt she could truly be her nerdy self without being made fun of.

After settling back into Hogwarts. Newts had started. Everyone was stressed, well mostly Hermione.

Draco had seemed to be the only one that was able to get her away from her studies for at least ten minutes.

"Love, don't you think you need a break?" Draco and carefully asked his hardworking Girlfriend who he was sitting across from at the library.

"Draco, please, just ten more minutes" Hermione pleaded, staying focused on her parchment.

"Hermione-

"Ok, I'll stop, but no snogging for a week" Hermione said carelessly with a drop of her quill.

"You know, studies are truly important" Draco quickly said.

Hermione rolled her eyes before leading her focus towards the textbooks she had in front of her as well at her parchment of notes.

Hermione had continued her studying when she had felt two people sit upon her and Draco.

"She still studying?" A voice asked which she had recognized as Ginny.

"Yup" Draco said in tired tone.

"Hey Hermione, why don't we go for a walk?" Harry had suggested.

Hermione looked down at her notes and figured one walk couldn't hurt. Looking up she gave them a small smile before nodding.

They had left the library to be stopped by Professor McGongall

"Miss Granger, may I please see you in my office?" McGongall request while giving the rest of the students a curt nod.

"Of course professor" Hermione agreed with a frightened tone edged into her reply.

Hermione waved her friends goodbye along with a kiss on the cheek to Draco before following after McGongall into her office.

"Please Miss Granger, have a seat" McGongall said as she taken a seat opposite to Hermione.

"Is there something the matter professor?" Hermione quietly asked urgently.

"Miss Granger, I'm afraid there has been an accident, an accident involving your adopted parents, they unfortunately-

"No!" Hermione yelled out without thinking.

Her mind went blank. She felt nothing, as though she had floated up into the clouds without ever stopping. The wind had been knocked out of Hermione so fast she couldn't catch her breath.

"Miss Granger, I know this must difficult, but please, inform your friends. They can most certainly through this, you may go, I do hope you get well soon" McGongall said.

Without another word, Hermione rises from her seat. Walking out of the office with tears streaming down her face so fast. Hermione had ignored everyone who had attempted to greet her. She had simply not cared. Once she made it to the Slytherin common room, she stepped in. Draco had been there and had been what looked liked studying. He had immediately gone to her side once he had seen her face.

"Hermione, love, what's the matter?" Draco asked urgently.

"M-my parents....they..." Hermione hadn't had to finish the rest for Draco to figure it out. Hermione had crumbled to the floor. Before actually hitting the floor, Draco had embraced her into a loving hug. A comforting hug.

Rubbing her back, Draco had been whispering comforting murmurs to her as she sobbed into his shoulder. A year rolled down Dracos face.

That tear that had fallen from Dracos face for two reasons. One reason being how he hated to see Hermione without a bright smile on her face. The second reason being how he would never get to meet the two people who had raised Hermione to be her. He would have loved to meet her parents. Now, he wouldn't ever get the chance too.

Draco had scooped her up once he noticed she had fallen asleep. Not being allowed into the girls dormitory, Draco had carried her into the boys dormitory. He had lay her down on his bed. His breath hitched. The look of Hermione being peaceful with a couple of tear stains on her face, laying down on his bed. She had looked like an angel to him.

He had quickly scooted next to her. Wrapping his strong arms around her, she had stirred in her sleep so that she had her head buried into his chest. He placed a small kiss at the crown of her head before placing his chin there. Falling asleep peacefully.

Hermione

Draco.