20

After Hermione had left the hospital wing, everyone would look out for her every second of the day as Draco had requested. Although Hermione hated it, she felt Draco really showing his care for her, which she was absolutely over the moon about.

Everyone had promised Hermione they wouldn't tell Harry. Hermione felt suffocated enough by Harry, him finding out about her fainting would guarantee a forever body guard.

Severus had as well sent out a couple students to keep an eye on his daughter. Hermione found out about these students and immediately sent them away. Trying to stay calm was hard for her when no one would leave her for herself. The only company she truly enjoyed was Dracos.

Yes Draco had made sure she was ok, but he wasn't going over the top like her father or other students. Hermione thought if she spent every waking moment with him, others would leave her alone. She wasn't just using him to get other students off her back, she truly enjoyed his company.

Hermione had been with Draco in the astronomy tower at night. They had reluctantly rejected the idea to go to the library.

Draco had wrapped his arms around her from the back as they stayed in each other's embrace in silence. Leaning into his touch, they both felt relaxed.

Relaxed together.

Hermione and Draco noticed their calmness had only truly shown bright when they were together.

The thought of next month being winter break suddenly popped into Dracos mind.

Draco had recently been taking his mother's offer into sudden thought.

Would she say yes?

Would she say no?

Questions whirling in his mind at once. Before he could stop himself, the words fell out of his mouth "would you like to come to the Manor for winter break?"

Slowly, Hermione adjusted herself so she was facing him.

"Do you want me too?"

"Only if you're any to! Of course, I'd love you too, but it's your decision?" Draco quickly said.

Hermione giggled at his words.

Hermione furrowed her brows in concentration. She could go, or she couldn't. Hermione remembered her nightmares, with Bellatrix, the manor. The feeling of her hot breath trailing down her face.  There is as well, Dracos parents to think about. Hermione didn't know whether Lucius still lived there, or Narcissa. She couldn't be sure wether they got pass blood. His parents wouldn't accept her, no. Hermione still hung on to the thought of his parents calling her that foul name.

Hermione was scared. Scared of his parents, what they'd say about her or to her.

"My dad went to Azkaban, my mum, she isn't....she wasn't ever prejudiced" said draco almost as if he was reading her mind.

"Are you sure? Why-"

"My mum, she sent a letter, asking if you would come" Draco cut her off, knowing her question.

"Oh" Hermione said at a loss of words. "Ok"

"Ok?" Said Draco, uncertain of her one worded answer.

"Ok, I'll go" Answered Hermione with confidence.

"Are you sure?" Draco asked carefully.

"Yes...I'm sure!" Hermione piped up. Standing higher, Hermione pressed her lips to his as a confirmation.

After a while of talking, the pair decided it was time to go inside for some sleep. As they walked into the common room, they saw every Slytherin staring at them expectingly. Hermione turned to Draco in confusion, he just shrugged as a response. Brushing it off, she walked into the girls dormitory as Draco walked into the boys dormitory.

Hermione looked over her shoulder to see Pansy had followed her into the room.

"Pansy what is going on?" Hermione asked. Throwing up her hands in confusion.

"Well...Draco told us he was going to ask you about going to the Malfoy Manor with him.....what did you say?" Pansy explained slowly. Sitting herself on Hermiones bed as she watched her get ready for sleep.

"I said yes, I mean, I just...I don't understand, why is it a big deal?" hesitation spread through Hermiones answer.

"Well, you know! I just was curious if you'd be ok with going" Pansy shrugged through her answer.

"Oh, well yea I guess, I'll be ok" Hermione said. Tucking herself into bed, Pansy did the same.

"Are you sure? I mean that is where you were literally tortured!" Pansy exclaimed, facing Hermione.

"Yea, I know but that's the past. I'll be fine" Hermione said with a shred of confidence.

The next morning, Hermione headed straight to the great hall. Hermione had missed her Gryffindor friends. Although it was a bit awkward with her father being Snape and her being in Slytherin, they were still her friends.

Hermione immediately began to talk with everyone about anything and everything. Quidditch, tests, drama.

"Hey Hermione, is it true? You and Malfoy?" Seamus asked.

"Uh yea, yea it is" Hermione said.

Hermione felt a hesitation in her answer but after answering she felt relieved she could say it with ease.

Hermione had given thought to what others might say about her relationship with Draco. She honestly didn't care, she was happy with him.

Maybe others had their awful opinions, but that wouldn't stop them from being together. They have talked about other's opinions on their relationship before. They decided not care, to brush off their harsh words as best at possible. Letting others hurtful words get to them would  just drive them apart easily, that isn't what they wanted in the slightest.

Hermione usually did care about what others thought about her a bit, but she didn't care about what others were going to say about her and Draco.

"I can't wait for the ball!" Exclaimed a happy Ginny.

"Yea me too" Replied Hermione with a little less enthusiasm.

"We need to go to Hogsmeade for dresses!" Ginny squealed.

Hermione frowned. She hates shopping, the only time she liked shopping was for books.

"Come one Hermione! Please!" Ginny pleaded, taking her brunette haired friends hands in hers with her bottom lip stuck out.

"Oh alright fine!" Hermione surrendered in annoyance.

"Wonderful! Well go tomorrow!"

Hermione looked over to the Slytherin table to see Pansy, Blaise and Draco conversing. More so Pansy and Blaise. Draco had looked over to her, catching her eye. Winking at her with a sudden happiness to his morning, making Hermiones cheeks turn scarlet.

"Come on Hermione, well be late for class" Harry said, rolling his eyes at the two Slytherins.

"Yea" Said Ron with his mouth full, much to Hermiones annoyance.

"Let's go then" laughed Hermione, swinging her bag over shoulder.

The four friends exited the great hall with small talk before taking their seats for class. Only five minutes of class pass by before Draco walked into the classroom. Taking the empty seat by Hermione, he nudged her to make his presence known. Hermione had been to concentrated to notice him right away. At the second nudge, Hermione looked up to see Draco smirking at her.

"Concentrated are we?" Draco teased, catching up on the notes.

"Just a little bit" giggled Hermione.

"Now class! Can anyone tell me what the jinx Tarantallegra is?" Hermiones hand shot up at the question.

"Yes Miss granger?"

"To make one dance
uncontrollably" Hermione answered confidently.

"Excellent! Ten points to Slytherin!"

Hermione

Draco.