4

After Malfoys accidental slip up yesterday Hermione made it her mission to seek out her father as soon as possible. She wanted to know. She needed to know.

Before the feast Dumbledore made his usual speech, Hermione had zoned out of his speech. In her own thoughts about having a brother she hadn't noticed two eyes staring at her being in thought until the food appeared, Hermione slightly jumped in surprise, causing her friends to glance at her with confused looks, they thankfully let it go.

Hermione looked up to see a grey pair of eyes boring into hers, she realized who they belonged to, Draco Malfoy. Hermione knew the only reason he had apologized was because he had too.

"Hey 'Mione, you alright? You seem a bit off" Harry asked, looking genuinely concerned.

Harry had always been observant when it comes to Hermione, she was like a sister to him. Hermione always appreciated his concern because she knew Ron would never notice if she was down, only if Harry had said something.

"Yea, just a bit tired" Hermione replied, hoping he wouldn't press the matter.

Harry had opened his mouth to clearly ask more about it but got cut off by a clinking being heard from professor McGongall.

"Now, we will begin the sorting, these students have been suspected to be in a different house, now please wait to have your name called" McGongall announced. Hermione knew she would most likely be put in Slytherin, she was just hoping she would stay in her house. "Lavender Brown!" McGongall called out. Lavender nervously got up, walking towards the hat, she took a seat on the stool, when the hat was placed on her head it almost instantly called out "HUFFLEPUFF" Hermione saw Lavender tense up before taking a seat with the Hufflepuffs.

Hermione zoned out for the rest of the names being called. None of her friends knew her name would soon be called, this of course would throw them off, eventually asking more and more questions.

"Hermione Sn-Granger!" McGongall called out, almost making a really bad mistake, Hermione wouldn't appreciate.

Hermione walked up slowly to the stool, fidgeting with her fingers the whole way there. Taking a deep breath she sat down on the stool.

"SLYTHERIN" the hat called out.

Hermiones heart sank, really, really low. Yes her father would be proud, but now everyone will be asking questions, especially since a 'muggle born' has never been placed into Slytherin.

Hermione got up, making her way to the Slytherin table she saw the whole Gryffindor table whisper and point at her, especially Harry, Ron and Ginny. Hermione really couldn't handle a whole investigation being out in her at all, so she simply liked away from their confused expressions.

Hermione sat in the middle of the Slytherin table, where no one, thankfully was. Hermione groaned mentally when she felt someone scoot closer to her, turning her head she saw Malfoy smirking.

Hermione saw him open his mouth, before he could get anything out of his mouth she quickly said "don't, just bloody dont"

"Now, is that any way to talk to your mentor?" Draco taunted, still smirking.

Hermione groaned, remembering their little chat with McGongall.

"Just, leave me alone, I can handle on my own" Hermione replied shortly, still giving her attention to the students being placed into new houses.

"What is this mudblood doing here!?" A voice screeched, Pansy Parkinson.

"She's actually-" Draco started, but quickly stoped himself when Hermione hit him in his stomach "ow!" Draco complained.

"Parkinson, back off" Hermione said, not feeling like having drama, at. All.

After the feast everyone had left, Hermione had started to make her way to the dungeons, with Draco following behind when she was quickly stoped by Harry, Ron and Ginny.

"How did you get placed into Slytherin!?" Ron exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

"And why are you with him!?" Ginny screeched, pointing to Draco in disgust.

"Guys! Let Hermione explain!" Harry interrupted.

"Hermione Jean Granger!" Ron yelled, tapping his foot impatiently

Draco scoffed, coughing threw the words "Hermione Lyra Snape"

Hermione shot him a glare, which he just smirked at, before returning her attention to her friends.

"Guys, I don't know, goodnight, I'm not feeling well" Hermione lied, before lightly jogging towards the dungeons, Draco trailing behind her, smirking at her confused and angry friends.

Hermione knew this would happen again soon, she just didn't want to deal with it tonight, even if that would make her friends feel left out of her life, she needed time, time to process everything for herself. Hermione could handle them investigating after she had time.

"Well, well, well, who knew you could lie" Draco said, catching up with her pace.

"Yea, well who knew I wasn't Hermione Jean Granger, the Gryffindor!" Hermione said, throwing up her arms in frustration.

"Well, would you rather been lied to the rest of your life?" Draco asked, arching an eyebrow.

Hermione stopped, bent down to her thighs, and cried, she cried.

"Why!? Why me!?" Hermione cried out, Digging her hands in her hair.

Feeling unsure of what to do, Draco bent down next to her.

"Come on" Draco said, pulling her arms up into his, carrying her bridle style to the dungeons.

Draco couldn't imagine what she must be going trough, getting taken away from your parents and then being placed into a new house, lying to your best friends about it as well.

Looking down at her, he couldn't help but admire her, her big brown soft eyes, curls in her face that would frustrate her when she was tried to be concentrated.

Shaking his head from his thoughts, he began to run, feeling how light she was, he could run faster.

Entering the dungeons, he placed her on the couch, not wanting to go in the girls dormitory. When he had placed her down, she had been sleeping. Draco sat next to her, simply staring at her calm, angelic face. He eventually began to think.

He knew everything would be different from now on, he knew he would see this girl a lot more now. Draco had always admired her for how bright she was for a muggle born. Of course he forced himself to forget these thoughts, knowing not one person on this earth would approve. Now, now he knew, she was a pure blood Slytherin and to top it off she was incredibly smart. How could he possibly ignore his feelings now when she was basically right it front of him when it came to life.

Shaking these thoughts away, Draco felt himself fall asleep right next to her. Not noticing who was watching them the whole time.