Roman left without hesitation, his shoulders tight with tension as he slammed the door shut behind him. The sound echoed through the house and rattled the walls, but no one uttered a word.

Olivia watched him closely, debating whether she should say what was running through her mind. He wouldn't like it, but she had to try.

Mia would want her to try for Izzy's sake. Sophia would want her try; to buy her a little time so she could get the answers she deserved.

"Elijah," she began and she watched as he poured himself another drink. She'd lost count of how many he'd had, but they didn't seem to be working. Instead of working to calm him down, the alcohol amplified his rage as every hour passed on to the point where it was becoming concerning. "Elijah - "

"What?" He snapped, his eyes darkening as he met her gaze. "What the fuck do you want?"

Olivia stayed calm, refusing to look away from him as she took a deep breath. She reminded herself not to get angry, that wouldn't do anything. Anger couldn't fight anger; it would only lead to disaster. It was the reason behind most of their fights, up until the very one that separated them for good.

At least, mostly separated.

Sometimes, they still saw each other, but that usually ended up with both of them in bed or with her house in shreds. Elijah was usually gone when she woke up, and yet she didn't care. She'd done it enough times to him too.

"Watch your mouth when you talk to me," she told him lowly. "I know you're pissed off, but that gives you no right to speak to me like that."

Elijah's fingers tightened around his glass, but he stayed quiet, silently glaring at her.

"Don't interrupt me until I finish," Olivia warned him, ignoring the way he was looking at her. "You need to let Izzy do this."

"No - "

"What did I just say?" Olivia pressed and Elijah bristled, but stayed silent.

She knew that she was the only person who could control him like that; she was the only person he trusted enough to actually listen to what she had to say. He dominated in other ways, in other places.

"I told you this was going to happen. I told you that she'd run away. You need to let her go wherever she needs to. Let her have her freedom. You can't keep her here forever."

"No. It's too dangerous," Elijah said firmly, his eyes hard with resolve. Olivia sighed, and took a few steps closer.

"Elijah - "

"No," he growled. "Do you even know how many people are after her because of me? How many sick fucks out there would take her because they know that she's my sister and it's the only way they can take something from me? Anywhere she goes, Olivia, she's in danger and who knows, maybe it's too late anyways."

Olivia shook her head. "She's smart, Elijah, give her some credit. She can handle herself and - "

"No," he gritted out, his jaw tightening. "No. You don't know her. She's stupid. She trusts people too easily. One trap and it's over for her."

"Yeah, and why is that?" Olivia snapped, raising an eyebrow in challenge.

Elijah scoffed. "What's your point?"

She huffed, and walked forward until she was standing right in front of him. She tried reaching out for him, but Elijah stepped out of reach, tensing instantly and she sighed. "Elijah, she trusts too easily because you've never given her a chance to learn for herself. You've kept her sheltered her entire life, you convinced her that nothing was wrong, you brought your damn enemy into this house, you let her look up to Lucas as a father figure when he's the one behind every problem you've ever had. You lied about Sophia."