9 - a feeling

Earlier this morning, Dabi had told me to meet him in the back alley of our apartment building around 9:30. I was confused, but no matter how many times I would ask him he would just ignore me. I also didn't like how it was the back alley of the apartment building.

Time passing by, waiting to meet Dabi, I kept pondering about what this sudden request of his could be about. What if he wanted to introduce me to this villain friends he told me about? Or what if he wanted to kill me?

'He would've done that already,' I reassured myself. All this stressing was making me nervous, so I decided to go and take a nap.

"He might have something big up his sleeve, so I have to be well rested and prepared," I plopped onto my bed, my eyes starting to get heavier.

-time skip-

I woke up from my nap a little over an hour ago. It was 9:00. I decided to put on a little makeup, and I switched my pants into something more comfy. At around 9:20 I decided to make my way down.

I exited the building, and made my way to the back alley. I walked down the dark alley way, clouds of smoke emerging from the sewer cover, the entire atmosphere was sketchy, but what could you expect from an alley way.

I stood exactly where Dabi told me to stand. I waited there for a good 10 minutes, until I felt a cold pare of hands grab my waist. He had slammed my body against his. His face resting on the crook of my neck, "Hey doll," he said in a raspy tone.

Dabi smelt like freshly lit cigarettes, and rum. "Are you drunk?" I asked him.

"Nope, I just had a few drinks. Anyways lets get this show on the rode why don't we?" he let go of my waist, and turned me around.

"What is my purpose of being here Dabi?"

"I want to fight you," he smiled down at me. "I've been wanting to fight you ever since I saw your quirk, so I thought that we could do it now."

I gave him a confused look, "Seriously? This is all you wanted from me?" I was surprised to be honest. Knowing him I thought there would be more to it.

"You know what, sure, lets fight." Dabi's smile grew wider. I could tell that he was ecstatic.

We both got into position, and lunged at each other. I dogged his first attack, and as I dodged it I managed to hit one of the spots on his arms.

As the fight kept going each attack was traded. I would hit 2 of the points on his body, but some how he would manage to land one of his fire attacks on me.

Most of the stuff I was wearing either had a burnt hole in it, or it was torn off. Me and Dabi were both growing tired from the endless traded attacks. It felt like me and him were on the same power level.

With everything in me, I lunged forward with one more attack, trying to hit one of the most vital points on any persons body, the neck. It was risky considering the fact that all he had to do was use his quirk, and boom my hand would be dust.

Not considering the obvious dangers I went from the attack. My fingers almost reaching the point on his neck, until a burst of flames appeared in front of my eyes. I thought that this flame would've taken me out, and it would've been it, but that wasn't the case.

A pare of arms wrapped around my waist, as I was sent flying backwards. My body hit the ground, rolling on the hard jagged concrete floor of the alley way, until my body finally came to a stop.

Dust, and smoke lingered through the air. I opened my eyes, and found myself on top of Dabi, his hands gripping at my waist, as he was laid down on the concert.

I looked at Dabi, and immediately started to panic. There was a small puddle of blood, that started to pool underneath his head.

'Oh no did I hurt him?!' I started to freak out. "Dabi wake up!" I lightly slapped his face trying to see if he would wake up, but to no avail he still didn't budge.

I leaned my body forward, my legs still straddling his waist, my head resting on his chest as tears began to fall from my eyes. He may have hurt me, used me, and caused me a lot of stress, but I didn't mean to hurt him.

Small trails of tears, turned into a fountain of tears, and quiet sobs. I kept crying, gripping onto the shirt he wore, until I felt his arms rap around my body.

"Why are you crying?" he asked me, with a confused face.

"Oh my god! I was worried I hurt you," I smiled at him, tears still falling from my eyes.

A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips, as he looked at my face. "I'm fine okay, don't cry," his arms wrapped around me tighter, my face buried in the crook of his neck.

Dabi removed his arms from around me, and we both sat up. I was sitting in his lap, his back up against the wall of the alley way.

"I know I shouldn't be crying, but I was worried that I might of seriously hurt you," I said in a shaky tone, small trails of tears still falling from my eyes.

Dabi kept looking at my face as I kept talking about how worried I was about him. "I hope your okay, I'm really sorry-" Dabi suddenly leaned his face into mines, and he kissed me.

Dabi's POV

'She was crying over me?' I thought to myself. 'We barely know each other, but she's this worried that she's crying over me,' thoughts on thoughts kept going through my head. my stomach had this weird feeling, like butterflies.

I didn't like it, to be honest, I hated it. "I know I shouldn't be crying, but I was worried that I might of seriously hurt you," her voice was shaky, and some of her words had as slight voice crack.

When I told her she was pretty when she cries, I meant it. Her eyes were so cute while she cried. The way her mascara, and eyeliner would drip down her smooth, soft skin. She looked as if she was glowing.

"I hope your okay, I'm really sorry-" I don't know what came over me, but I wanted to kiss her. I leaned in, and our lips connected. Her eyes were open wide in shock, while mine were closed. I kissed her passionately, as she returned the favour.

I soon after pulled away from the kiss. Realizing what I just did, I started to get up, her body shifting off of mines.

"Dabi wait-"

"I have to go goodnight," I said as I walked away.

"What the fuck did I just do," I said to myself, as I face palmed both of my hands,

"Dabi you always fuck up things. You can't go doing that shit, she'll think you like her. But why did I do it?"

"What was that feeling?"