𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Start from the beginning

The words clearly freaked the bassist out as his eyes widened and he began to rush out of the bathroom however Alex had shut the door while he was in the shower leaving the bassist to slam right into the door, he groaned Ashe tried to open the door however what he didn't know was that Alex was on the other side holding the handle closed with all his strength.

The boys chuckled uncontrollably and Leila smiled, neither Reggie nor Leila noticing they were still holding hands until Leila tightened her grip when Bobby shouted from the bathroom, "LET. ME. OUT!" Reggie glanced down at their intertwined hands but said nothing, giving a little squeeze and liking the way their hands fit together like they were made just for them.

Finally, Alex released the handle making Bobby burst through the now open door as the guys laugh.

Reggie patted Luke on the back as they laughed, Bobby now known to the world as Trevor pants as he runs away.

"Hoo!" Reggie calls as the boys stand side by side while Leila stood right next to Reggie their hands perfectly intertwined by their sides as Luke extended his hands and the boys immediately gave him high fives, proud of their work as they grinned at the area Bobby had run off to, Luke shook his hands out and Alex chuckled, glancing at his sister.

The boys then poofed outside, Leila and Reggie still together as they looked around the backyard of their ex-bandmates house in awe, his helicopter flying off to go to his therapist.

"Ooh quick! Let's moon him before he gets too far away." Reggie suggests to Luke and Alex.

"He can't see us." Alex points out with a nod from Leila as Reggie and Luke turned around.

"Oh it's not for him, it's for us." Luke told him.

Leila sighed. "Have fun boys, I'm going to the studio before I lose too many brain cells." She told them with a grin as she saluted, they grinned at her as she poofed away, leaving them to moon their ex-bandmate on their own.

♪♪

Leila poofed into the studio with ease and plopped onto the couch and she grinned, happy with the peace and silence of the studio that was rarely there.

She looked around for any sign of others before she closed her eyes and poofed her songbook into her hand. She felt the weight of it in her hand almost immediately and sure enough, when she opened her eyes there it was.

She smiled softly, running her hands along with the leather-bound notebook before opening it.

She had found out years ago that she could summon this songbook however she hadn't done it much; she didn't see the point, she couldn't sing even as a ghost.

She flipped through the familiar worn pages not bothering to look at the lyrics because she knew every single word on these pages by heart. After all, they're her songs.

She landed on a song she had written for Reggie after his death, she had painfully finished it after her diagnosis and had never gotten the chance to sing the whole thing.

This song was possibly the most meaningful song she had ever written and also the last.

(Breakeven by The Script)
(I do not own this song)

Her hands instinctively ran over the words embedded into the page with the ink of her pen, the words embedded in her heart, as she read them wishing she could still do what she loved most; sing.

'I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing'

She never got the chance to read through the rest, tears building in her eyes, before the boys poofed into the room, thankfully fully clothed.

"Leila!" Luke called, Leila's eyes widened and she slammed her songbook shut, tying it up with the string as she looked at them.

"Hey boys, you better now?" She teased.

Luke rolled his eyes and sat down next to her before noticing the familiar object in her hands. "Is that your songbook?" He asked, his brows furrowed in confusion.

Leila glanced at the songbook before nodding hesitantly. "It is." She answered softly, holding onto the book tightly.

Reggie came over with Alex, both looking at the book in something akin to awe. They hadn't seen the book in years and hadn't expected to after their deaths, they thought it was gone but here it was, right in her hands.

"You still have it?" Alex asked, his eyes never leaving the leather-bound book.

"I do." Leila answered shortly before poofing the book away. "It's attached to me." She told them weakly.

Alex blinked, nodded, and changed the subject. "So we are going to see my new ghost friend," he told her with a grin as he thought of the long-haired skater, "do you want to come?"

Leila hesitated for a moment knowing exactly who the ghost friend was and what her being there would bring up, and then she looked at Reggie who had such hope in his eyes and she couldn't say no.

"Yeah sure," She forced a grin, "Why not? It sounds like fun." She told them standing up.

Luke grinned and so did Reggie as Luke stood up and before she knew it, they were poofing away.

Fun.

That was one way to put what was to come.

♪ 𝟷,𝟹𝟼𝟸 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ♪