Chapter 1. Impact

Start from the beginning

"Hold on!  Wait until the song ends!" I shouted back during an instrumental break, easily jumping back in with the lyrics.  Hopefully sis would let me stay in just another three minutes.  I hadn't been in the bathroom for long.

"Okay!" She shouted back through the door.

That's another sweet thing about Tanya.  She always agrees with me, well most of the time.  We rarely get in arguments, and if we do it's usually about something trivial like ice cream flavours, which song to play, or what outfit to wear for what occasion.  You could call us girly girls with attitudes.

"I think I know

I think I know

There is something I see in you!

It might kill me,

I want it to be true"

I did a large head bob with the end of the song which ended my shower and so I got out.  I never break promises, especially to my sister.  Since my sis needed to get to her appointment at 8:00 I guessed it would be stupid to stall.  I wrapped myself in a clean pink towel (my 2nd favourite colour along with purple), and exited the steamy bathroom.  Tanya's yellowish blond head bobbed up and down to the next song on the ipad.  A One Direction song.

I grimaced and covered my ears. "You put that band on my playlist again!"

She looked up at me with a satisfied grin.  "I gotta have my tunes too."

That's another thing she is.  A practical joker.  A sneaky one.  I tackled her on the bed and she squealed playfully.  "You're gonna get me wet!"

"You're taking a shower anyways!" I squealed back in mock seriousness, trying to pinch her nose.  She kept squirming underneath me until she finally gave in and I got her nose pinched.  And my wet hair soaked her shirt and pants.

"Not cool." She responded but she was laughing.

I rolled into a sitting position on the bed and shrugged.  "Your fault."

"My bed's wet." She groaned loudly, mostly for melodramatic effect.  Another thing my sister and I are not.  Quiet.

"Again, not my fault." I said.

 "Ugh." I laughed while Tanya groaned and disappeared into the bathroom, fortunately muffling the One Direction from our co-op room. I glanced at the clock, 7:19.  Eek! Not much time left! I quickly headed for my wardrobe.  Hanako was picking me up at 7:30 in her new ride.  It's a purple Volkswagen bug with white leather seats and she promised me first ride!  It's not even one day old and I get to ride in it!

I squealed in excitement while wringing out my hair and hastily dressing in my outfit for school.  A shiny multi-coloured bow-tied sleeve blouse, my favourite black leather jacket, jean mini skirt over pink leggings, rainbow knee high stockings, and silver wedges.  Though I'm already kinda tall, 5'7", I LOVE wedges.  They're my favourite type of shoe, chunky and easy to walk in, and VERY cute.  My sister jokes about how many pairs I have in my closet (42 and counting).  Of course I have to have one of every colour to match all my clothes.

I sat at my vanity mirror and combed out my hair, ruffling it out with my fingers before applying a generous amount of Aloe Vera gel.  Since it was still wet it looked deep brown, but when it dries it's actually very light blondish brown that glows mahogany red in the sunlight.  Naturally so.  Not dyed!  I applied a thin layer of brown eyeliner and bronze shimmer eyeshadow to accentuate my grayish blue eyes.  Next I brushed bare minerals on my cheeks and applied a thin layer of natural raspberry lip gloss.  Popping my lips a few times I smiled and admired my saucy reflection.  Eh, it's not perfect.  There's something missing.