"I- I just wanted to experience it today!" She continued being angry, trying her best not to show how her heart was still on a somersault from his sudden heroic appearance.

"Ach.." He said in a sarcastic tone, his lips together in a thin line, "aaj hi leni thi when we had decided to go to the amusement park together with the soon-to-be-married couple. Did you forget?"

"I'm not going. I already informed Sundala about it though." She felt bad for suddenly deciding it today morning because one of her crazy personalities told her to not get her heart into trouble by making heartfelt memories with him, because in the end, pain is all she'll get.

"What do you mean you're not going?" He gave her a surprised look, since she never backed out of outing plans, staying in the house was always hard for her.

"I'm not in the mood. I've to go home to do some important work. You should go and enjoy." She hung her bag on her shoulder and started to walk away.

"Yeh kia baat hui! Phir mai kia wahan kabaab mai haddi banne jaun ga un lovebirds ke saath." He quickly joined her, their shoulder brushing as they walked. "I'll join you instead, what's the 'oh so important work' berry has that she gave up on-"

"Abuzar! I said I'm not in the mood, so can you please leave me alone?" Her voice came out to be harsher than she thought, however she kept her expressions stern as she stopped walking and turned towards him. He was taken aback by her sudden outburst. He had never seen her this serious before, nor had she ever shouted at him like that.

"Woah. What's wrong? Is everything okay?" They now stood face to face outside the gates as Abuzar gave her a worried look. Was something wrong at her home? Did the evil bhootni do something again?

"I just want to be alone, I said." Her heart clenched looking at him, but she herself didn't know what was she even trying to do?

"Hey, you know I'm always there for you right? You can share anything with me whenever you feel like it." He gave her a reassuring look, reminding her that he'll always be all ears when she's ready to share her problem with him, not knowing this time, it was he himself causing a ruckus in her heart. "I'll be a silent companion and drop you home then-"

"Why? Why are you always there? Isn't it tiring?"

"Because we're friends. Isn't it what friends are supposed to do, to be there for each other in hard times and never get tired of it."

"But it's getting tiring for me. To keep depending on you....." to just see you as a friend.

"Amarra." His voice was calm yet authoritative, "I can never ever get tired of hearing you complain, or cry, even bashing at me, neither will I let you get tired of depending on me, bohat deeth banda hu mai, you see."
He tilted his head, to get a better look at her face, to see if he succeeded in making her feel a little lighter.

Amarra controlled her smile from spilling across her face, as she bit on her lip. He really wouldn't let her heart be at peace.

However the next moment, the conversation with her dad two days ago hit her as she clenched her teeth. That wasn't the reason she was doing this, but it could be an excuse. A good excuse to run away from him.

"But I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want us to be friends anymore." Without a glance at his face, she let out as she felt the thorns pricking her heart, and ran as fast as she could, away from him.

/Flashback/

"Amarra, we need to have a talk." Her dad's voice from the hall made her smile drop, as she kept her phone away on which she was having a chat with Abuzar. Stopping in her tracks, she turned towards him.