Introductions

• Dedicated to justaguyfriend on youtube

An excerpt:

"But Chemistry is so confusing." I complained.

"Not very." Séamus leaned over my textbook and whispered the third passage, his lips brushing my earlobe making me blush scarlet red.

All chemical reactions are accompanied by a change in energy. Some reactions release energy to their surroundings (usually in the form of heat) and are called exothermic. For example, sodium and chlorine react so violently that flames can be seen while the exothermic reaction gives off heat.

With my breath in my throat, I blush deeper and avoid his gaze.  I find that hard to do anymore when I feel his rough knuckles brush my left cheek.  "You're having an exothermic reaction, Andrea." His deep voice vibrated pleasantly against the side of my neck.  My morals told me to resist but something else told me not to...

Summary on back of book:

Andrea always thought highly of herself.  She's the image of perfection in Lumberton High.  She's rich, has classy friends, is the top jock in softball and dance, was voted last homecoming queen, and has straight As.  Except chemistry.  Now she has to hire a tutor or she will have to endure summer school for the credit.

'There are many reasons not to be with him. He's a womanizer, my chemistry tutor, and... he's supposed to be dead.'

______________________________________________

Author's Introduction:

I'd just like to say that at first I planned on this story being very flimsical, humourous, and a typical high school teenage girl/boy love story.  Then as I got typing it turned into something entirely deeper and more personal.  I hope the readers will get as much enjoyment from the story as I do.  And please give the story a chance before dumping it in the garbage at first page. [:

-Annie

Prologue

___________

325 B.C. Portugal.

The rain is pouring dismal and silent.  It's barely a shower enough to scare the kittens from drab stone streets.  Surrounding is a broad forest of hackberry and chestnut, leading to a long narrow meadow of huckleberries.  A lonely little stone cottage with a hayloft sat in the middle of the berry meadow, with two young women inside a fire lit room.

A young, fair woman with yellowish white hair to the floor wearing nothing but a chemise, legs spread on a cot on the floor.  She was breathing deeply and harshly, a film of sweat on her parched skin.  Beside her was an elderly woman wearing a blue dress with a bloody apron, holding in her hands a baby covered in a creamy substance, the umbilical cord still attached.

"It doesn't even cry.  What is he?!" The midwife exclaimed in a gasped whisper, surprise on the features of her face.

The weary mother looked upon the purplish child with little tinges of black hair and just smiled.  She saw a beautiful baby boy with the features of his father.  "He's my son."

The midwife gestured to the boy's neck.  "Esmeralda, he's- he's-look-"

"He's mine," The mother chorused in a singing like manner, holding her arms out for her son.  The midwife Cherie laid the boy in Esmeralda's arms so he may nurse.

"You see, he's born under the stars of Aquarius." Esmeralda mused peacefully, stroking her son's face gently with her fingers.  Her eyes were aglow and sparkling brim with tears, her son looking up into her eyes with a peaceful expression.

The thunderclapped and white light illuminated the cottage for a split second.  One woman feared the life that had just come into this world.

The other woman embraced this precious life.

She named him Asmodeus.