Chapter 8: SOUL SEARCH II

Audio titled: HEART IS LIKE FIREWORKS

Chapter
VIII
Soul Search II

***

Wu Xie stood in front of the double doors while Wu Erbi untied and retied the red silk tie around Wu Xie's neck.

"I really think the tie is fine," he began and stopped to glare when Wu Sanxing chuckled from his position across the hall. The man stood up straight and walk to Wu Xie's side.

"It's fine, Xiao Xie, when Er ge says it's fine."

Wu Erbi stepped back. "It's fine."

"Thank god," Wu Xie said and nervously wiped his palms on his pants. He looked up and smiled at Wu Erbi and Wu Sanxing who returned the gesture and then Wu Sanxing nodded toward the door.

"Ready?"

Wu Xie's smile was cocky and contagious and ridiculously happy. "Hell yes."

The doors opened and Wu Xie looked down the aisle to see Zhang Qi Ling standing at the bottom of three shallow stairs with Zhang Rishan at his side. In the back of his mind he registered that the room was filled with his and Zhang Qi Ling's friends but he couldn't bring himself to notice or care. He smiled again as he took a step forward and then laughed out loud when he saw Zhang Rishan reach up and grab Zhang Qi Ling's shoulder to stop the man from coming down the aisle toward him.

Zhang Qi Ling ignored the griped, his eyes never leaving Wu Xie, and shrugged his cousin off before meeting his Wu Xie halfway.

***

Wu Xie's back arched, moving Zhang Qi Ling's body up even as he gripped Wu Xie's hips and thrust down. A droplet of sweat caught on the short hairs feathering against the man's temple and Zhang Qi Ling tried to focus on the innocent drop so that he wouldn't cum from the feeling of being inside Wu Xie. The feeling of being held so tight, burned so deep, and loved so fiercely was nearly his undoing.

"Move," Wu Xie commanded, his breathing coming in shallow pants and his hands gripping Zhang Qi Ling's arms almost painfully.

"Wu Xie, you're beautiful. So beautiful..." And Zhang Qi Ling began to move, slow and steady, agonizingly aware of every single sensation that rocketed through his body while he complied to Wu Xie's request. White thighs wrapped around his waist, slick with sweat and trembling with need. They tightened and Zhang Qi Ling found himself deeper, so much deeper and he shoved even further, tilting his hips and then nearly cried at the beautiful look of pleasure that crossed Wu Xie's features.

"Xiao ge..."

***

Zhang Qi Ling sat in the hospital bed with his eyes closed. The sheets and blanket felt starched and stiff against his skin and his mouth twisted into a frown. A gentle noise drew his attention from the mediocre bedding.

He knew that his husband stood next to the window, framed in the mid-morning sun while he watched the snow fall to the ground but Zhang Qi Ling couldn't bear to look. He liked the way his traitorous eyes now saw him, a blur of pearly white skin and dark brown silk. Wu Xie's crystal brown eyes and blindingly beautiful smile were faded and not at all how Zhang Qi Ling wanted no... needed... to remember them.

"It's going to be okay, Xiao ge," Wu Xie whispered and Zhang Qi Ling started at how close he sounded. He felt a steady hand brush the hair from his forehead and the bed dip under Wu Xie's weight. Soon Wu Xie's warmth brushed against his side and a strong arm wrapped around his chest. He felt the weight of Wu Xie's head against his shoulder and his breathe ghost against his neck.

Still refusing to open his eyes, Zhang Qi Ling grit his teeth and pulled Wu Xie closer. "You don't know that. I could lose everything, even the blur. I'd never see you again, Wu Xie."

The brown haired man sighed in his arms. "Or you could gain everything, Xiao ge." Zhang Qi Ling felt Wu Xie's fingers tilt his chin until he was facing him. Soft kissed each of his eyes and then pressed almost urgently against his lips. "I won't argue about this with you, Xiao ge. We have been through every ounce of research, covered every contingency, and played every devil's advocate. This will work."

Zhang Qi Ling nodded and opened his eyes for a moment, his eyes focused perfectly on the only thing he couldn't imagine never seeing again, sparkling brown eyes wet with unshed tears and burning with determination and confidence.

The moment was ripped away at the sound of the door opening and when Zhang Qi Ling looked up, the world was once more a mass of fuzzy and muted colors.

"They are ready for you, Xiao ge."

Zhang Qi Ling nearly cried at how carefully guarded his cousin's voice sounded but instead he nodded his head firmly and, holding Wu Xie tightly against his chest, he whispered, "I'll see you soon, Wu Xie."

Wu Xie chuckled and slit from the bed, his fingers laced with Zhang Qi Ling's and he squeezed. "Of course, you will, Xiao ge."

***

Zhang Qi Ling didn't know when he had stopped breathing and as he thrust over and over into Wu Xie's burning tight heat, he couldn't imagine why it was so important. Nothing was more important, more profound, more breathtaking than Wu Xie wrapped around him, every part of him, his body, his heart... his soul.

And then he was cumming, screaming Wu Xie's name into the dark room while wave after wave of pleasure built inside him, burning brighter and brighter, a fire stoked by the needy and glorious sounds falling from Wu Xie's parted lips. Then the white hot feeling burst outward and washed them both out to sea as they clung to each other like a lifeline, blissfully and willingly unaware of anything else but this moment, this feeling, this person.

***

Zhang Qi Ling wrapped himself around Wu Xie even as the man purred and nuzzled closer, pulling the thick down comforter over their sedate bodies. Sleep tingled at Zhang Qi Ling's senses and he smiled into the darkness when he felt Wu Xie's lips against the skin over his heart.

"Wu Xie," he whispered into dark brown hair, "I lo..."

***To be continued

***
To be continued...