Chapter 7: SOUL SEARCH I

Warning: Mature content ahead.

Chapter
VII
Soul Search

***

Orange, yellow, and red leaves floated to the ground around them as Zhang Qi Ling and Wu Xie walked down the sidewalk, coats buttoned to their chin and scarves wound snuggly around their necks. Zhang Qi Ling held Wu Xie's hand tightly in his own and his thumb rubbed warm circles onto the smooth skin. Wu Xie smiled up at him, his face alight with happiness and humor and Zhang Qi Ling felt something bubble up inside his chest, warming his insides and wrapping around his heart.

For the first time in his life he let the laughter out and it was beautiful, crisp and clear as the sky.

***

Zhang Qi Ling was holding Wu Xie's hand again, but this time he moved them through his penthouse and into his bedroom. As soon as they had crossed the threshold Wu Xie moved behind him and pushed his warm hands under Zhang Qi Ling's shirt and over the indentations of his spine and strong muscles of his back. Soon the shirt was over his head and just as Wu Xie leaned in to taste the warm skin exposed, Zhang Qi Ling turned and gathered Wu Xie to him, pressing his need into Wu Xie's and nearly cooing at the delicious mewl that escaped Wu Xie's mouth.

Instead, he dipped his head and kissed Wu Xie. Just kissed him, the simple pressing of lips together but something inside sweetly died and gloriously revived and died again, over and over, and Zhang Qi Ling knew, in his soul, that this was how it would always be.

He licked at the plump lower lips and then growled when he felt Wu Xie's hand thread into the hair at the back of his neck and yank him closer, deepening the kiss by nipping at Zhang Qi King's lips and dipping his tongue inside. Zhang Qi Ling used his hands, still on Wu Xie's hips to pull the man forward even more until Wu Xie hissed with surprise at the increased friction and then he took control of the kiss, running his tongue over Wu Xie's. Now both of Wu Xie's hand found their way into his hair and the room filled with noises of their moans, whimpers, and sighs while Zhang Qi Ling thrust his tongue in and out of his little Wu Xie's mouth and rocked his hips nearly mercilessly into Wu Xie's.

***

They sat in Zhang Rishan's favorite restaurant, in Zhang Rishan's favorite corner, at Zhang Rishan's favorite table. The white tablecloth was pressed and pristine. The deep blues and reds and dark wood around the room created a sophisticated atmosphere while music drifted over them from a string quartet near the center of the restaurant. The food was exquisite and the wine even better... older than all of them, maybe combined.

Wu Xie had been so nervous earlier that evening. He knew Zhang Rishan's place in Zhang Qi Ling's life and vice versa and asked a billion questions about how to speak to him and what he should say and not say and, dear god, was he a total Men You Ping just like Zhang Qi Ling because there was only so much he could...

Well, it had all been for naught because here they sat, Zhang Rishan and Liang Wan on one side of the table and Zhang Qi Ling and Wu Xie on the other. Liang Wan held her fingers in front of her like a goal post while Wu Xie lined up his shot and lobbed the triangular crab puff across the table.

"And it's goooooood!" Wu Xie yelled with his arms straight up in the air. The people at the surrounding tables didn't even bother to hide their stares of disbelief. Zhang Qi Ling reached out and calmly moved Wu Xie's wine glass away from the adorable idiot and his 'victory dance'. Liang Wan hissed darkly and grabbed for her own appetizer.

"My turn, Tian Zhen." Wu Xie huffed but still positioned his fingers all the while talking smack to the petite, cute and normally imposing personality that was Zhang Rishan's girlfriend.

"Xiao ge," Zhang Rishan said calmly and then he took a sip from his glass. Zhang Qi Ling looked at his cousin and stared into his own glass before he sat the glass down. He leaned his elbows against the table, folding his hands before he rested his chin against them. He held Zhang Rishan's searching gaze for a moment more before looking at Wu Xie sideways. Zhang Qi Ling turned back to his cousin and then... he smiled.

Zhang Rishan's eyes widened for half a second before returning to their normal cool look of appraisal and he sat his own glass down slowly. He ran a single finger up and down the stem of the glass and Zhang Qi Ling worked desperately to the dark stare but his little Wu Xie was laughing and smiling and beside him.

Finally, looked at Wu Xie and it felt like a cool breeze soothing his mind. As if called by his look, Wu Xie turned and smiled before a crab puff bounced off his cheek. With Wu Xie's attention diverted back to the chuckling lady across the table Zhang Qi Ling looked once more to his cousin.

Zhang Rishan nodded slowly in approval and the corners of his mouth tipped up as Wu Xie threatened all manner of unpleasant circumstances on his giggling girlfriend.

"So..." Zhang Rishan interrupted in his cool velvety voice, "tell me... who's winning?"

***

Zhang Qi Ling pushed the soft cotton of Wu Xie's shirt up and over his head before running his fingers down the even softer white skin now exposed. He leaned forward, his own bare chest sliding smoothly over Wu Xie's until his mouth found and claimed the sensitive skin on Wu Xie's neck. Wu Xie's breaths came out in breathy sighs, wanton moans, and frustrated growls at Zhang Qi Ling's torturous teasing.

He bit down hard enough that Wu Xie's eyes shot open, his hips bucking up at the flash of pain and then his eyes slid closed, pleasure eclipsing pain, and Wu Xie moaned low, his voice like spun silk, "Xiao ge, oh god, Xiao ge..."

Zhang Qi Ling stop moving and with his head still tucked in between Wu Xie's shoulder and neck he simply breathed. He felt the warmth from Wu Xie's slightly bruised skin and the soft touch of Wu Xie's hair against his cheek. He listened to the sound of Wu Xie's gentle pulls of air and closed his eyes, focusing on the sound of his own heart, not surprised in the least that it was speeding like his Wu Xie's breaths in his ears.

"Xiao ge?" Wu Xie said and Zhang Qi Ling leaned back up and looked down into the blushing face of Wu Xie. Brown eyes swirled like a gathering storm, emotions crackling and sparkling in their depths. Zhang Qi Ling moved back until he was sitting on the bed and pulled Wu Xie up with him. He cupped either side of Wu Xie's face and touched their foreheads together.

"Wu Xie, I..." Zhang Qi Ling began but words and emotions tumbled inside his heart and mind, screaming to be free but unable to escape and Zhang Qi Ling felt tears prickle at the back of his eyes.

And then Wu Xie smiled and he placed his own hands over Zhang Qi Ling's on his cheeks and said, "I know."

***To be continued

***
To be continued...