The waterbending scroll

Start from the beginning

"You just practiced our supplies down the river." I heard Sokka say which made me look back and watch as the supplies continued to flow down the river.

"Aang.." I groaned.

"Oh, sorry." He apologized.

"It's whatever, I'm sure we can find some way to replace all this stuff." I said.

"My life was hard enough when you were just an airbender." Sokka sighed and submerged under water.

I walked towards the edge of the shore and crouched down to get a hold of Sokka's arm, so I could pull him to the surface of the water. "C'mon, we're gonna go see if we can replace our supplies.

We walked into the marketplace and looked around the shops.

"We got exactly 3 copper pieces left from the money that King Bumi gave us. Let's spend it wisely." Sokka stated.

"Uh.. make that two copper pieces, Sokka. I couldn't say no to this whistle." Aang said as he showed us the bison whistle he bought and blew on it. 

"It doesn't even work." Sokka sighed, unimpressed. Momo squealed at Aang, "see, even Momo thinks it's a piece of junk."

"No offense Aang, but I'll hold the money from now on." Katara added.

"It doesn't work cause it's a bison whistle, meaning only bisons can hear the whistle, but yeah I think Katara should hold the money from now on." I said as I watched Aang hand over the rest of the money to Katara.

"Why do we need a bison whistle if we can just call Appa reguarly." Sokka replied.

"It'll be more useful than it seems, trust me." I said as I continued to walk towards the rest of the shops. 'i'm pretty sure that same whistle saved the gaang from tight situations multiple times.'

We continued to look around for supplies to replace the ones we lost, but so far, we couldn't find anything. "You there!" A vender approached us, "I can see from your clothing that you're world traveling types. Perhaps I can interest you in some exotic curios?"

"Sure!" Aang answered, "what are curios?"

"I'm not entirely sure, but we got 'em." The vender said as he guided Aang towards a ship. I sighed as the rest of us followed Aang, 'I feel like we're about to get scammed.'

We walked into the ship and surprisingly, it had a lot of stuff from different places. "I've never seen such a fine specimen of lemur." A voice from the back of the ship interrupted us as we were looking at the merchandise. "That beast would fetch me a hefty sum if you'd be interested in bartering."

Momo jumped into my arms as he hissed at the man, "That 'beast' is our friend, so no. I wouldn't be interested in bartering."

"Too bad, you could've gotten something valuable in return." The man chuckled in reply.

"Look at this guys." Katara said, "It's a waterbending scroll. Check out these crazy moves." We approached her and looked down at the scroll.

"Where did you get a waterbending scroll?" Aang asked the man who wanted to have Momo.

"Let's just say I got it up North at a most reasonable price--free." He said as he snatched it from Katara's hands and rolled it back up.

"Wait a minute. Sea-loving traders, with suspiciously acquired merchandise and pet reptile birds? You guys are pirates!" Sokka shouted at them.

"We prefer to think of ourselves as high-risk traders." The original vender said as he wrapped his arm around Sokka. I walked towards him and forcefully removed his arm from Sokka. I grabbed Sokka's hand and walked towards Aang and Katara.