To Remove a Sign

Ceridwen

"What's orange boy up to?" I turned towards Bryson, who wore the intrigue of a boy who was just given his first sword

"What's orange boy up to?" I turned towards Bryson, who wore the intrigue of a boy who was just given his first sword. Part of me regretted ranting to my brother about the soldier named Clem who was flirting with Fors, but it was better him that Cassian or our parents.

I ignored my older brother as I watched the scene unfold on the balcony, hoping the Fors would find the letter sooner rather then later. There was a reason I had left the conversation him and Kins were having about the trade meeting we attender earlier this morning, and I was hoping to complete my small mission soon.

I had originally been excited about the meetings, the thought of seeing Fors for hours on end was a huge benefit, but she never came to them. I also hoped that I could use an excuse of discussing something that came up during the meeting with her over dinner, but I would have to be more creative. I couldn't help, but wonder if that was her choice not to attend the meetings or Tamlin's. From the stories I heard, I would bet that it was Tamlin's choice. 

"Well better question, what are you up to?" Bryson moved his focus from Clem, to the viola case I held in my free hand.

"I can ask you the same thing, Brys?" I quickly countered, turning around towards him, hoping to pull his attention from Fors.

"What are we asking Brys?" I turned to see my second oldest brother who looked more cheerful than he should be at the moment. There was a reason I hadn't found someone to court or date yet and it was entirely their fault. I did have this coming though, when Brys was my age, Kin and I performed similar antics. This was all karma at its finest.

Brys immediately jumped in answering Kin before I could respond, "Our dear younger brother here, has apparently taken up playing violin."

"Oh, does he now? This wouldn't have something to do with a certain blonde now would it?" He teased.

My eyes quickly shot towards the balcony where Fors was eating and noticed that Clem and her brother appeared to be leaving.

Kin didn't miss where my eyes had traveled when he immediately walked around me and stared up at the balcony, no shame in his actions at all.

"Hmm, Brys, I believe our little brother has a new favorite season," I didn't hide the sigh as I watched his eyes dance across the balcony.

Brys shrugged before replying, "There are far better seasons, Ceri," I simply pushed passed Brys, hoping my brothers would find something else to occupy their time instead of teasing me.

I then headed off through the garden taking several more turns than needed in hopes of them not being able to follow me. The small garden was absolutely stunning, and I could only wonder if my Aunt Elain had ever been here. She would definitely spend hours walked around the garden and inspecting every flower that grew out of the ground, and once she was done with the flowers she would move onto the large tree that towered over the little flowers that danced across the ground whenever the wind blew.