FIVE

FIVE

Natalia

- Friday, 12:03 pm -

I get back into the car. "Hey, sorry. I forgot to tell you that this test I get an extra hour if needed. Of course I took it, because you know me! Or ya don't" I laugh as I buckle into my seat. Grant begins to drive the car and I hear my stomach rumble. "I am starving. Can we stop somewhere to get something? I can't wait an hour until we get home." I ask.

Grant doesn't look at me or responds.

"Grant please? It celebrates me finishing my tests." I push.

He looks over to me and his icy eyes lock on mine before he nods his head. Even though he looks away I keep looking at his mesmerizing eyes. He is a very gorgeous man. But he is my bodyguard, so he isn't like that. I've never felt this way toward anyone before, and I don't know what "this" is that I'm feeling.

"Perfect! I know a place, I'll tell you when to turn and when it's coming up." I say looking to the buildings that pass by. I see the green and blue house which marks a point that the place is a mile away.

I put up my finger to point at the upcoming food place. "There! Left, it's J-Otters. Drive through please." I say.

Grant pulls into J-Otters and I slip into the back seat so I can order. He pulls into the drive through and I begin to order our food. "Hi. Can I get two Otter burgers? Two orders of waffle fries, one order of chicken strips, and a chocolate milkshake." I say into the mic.

"What size for the milkshake?" The lady asks.

"Uh- large why not." I laugh a little.

"Sure. That will be a total of thirteen seventy-eight." She says. "Pull up to the window."

"Thank you." I say. Grant pulls up. "Can you hand me my purse?" I ask Grant. He leans over to the passenger seat and hands me my wallet. "Thanks."

"Hello, thirteen seventy-eight." A man says. I hand him fifteen, he hands me my change, then my food. "Have a great day!"

"Thanks, you too." I say with a smile. The man's eyes linger on my face and it makes me uncomfortable.

"You are really pretty." The words are nice, but his tone unsettles me. "We should get together sometime-"

"Drive." I tell Grant. The car pushes forward and we speed out of the lot and down the road. I climb back into the front seat, my behind bumping into Grant's shoulder. "Sorry. That guy creeped me out." I admit.

Grant flashes me a look.

"What? Want some?" I offer him some fries. "I got you some stuff too." I state.

He shakes his head.

"You'll eat it later." I laugh, taking a bite out of my burger.

The whole drive home I talked about all my tests and my opinion on the teachers. Not that he cares one bit, but I don't have anyone to talk to anyway. The maids back at the old house would be in and out, but they talked back. Talking to Grant is like talking to a brick wall that drives cars, and looks really handsome.

Before I know it, we pull into the house and go in. I drop the food into the fridge, and Grant hands me my bag that I forgot in the car. I thank him and he goes to stand where he always does.

I am officially on break. My test scores will be up by this time next week. I am very anxious to see the results. All my tests went good, and I came out confident. But the first one I wasn't too happy about, with all the stress of having to sneak out. I need to get ninety-two percent to pass. I'll pass. I will come out on top. I have to.