THREE

THREE

Natalia

I catch myself looking up and down Grant's body. He is tall, very tall. Very built too. His hair is dark and flows with his tan skin. He is intimidating, and mysterious. It's going to be weird having this handsome person living with me, and never seeing his face, nor hear his voice.

My eyes meet his on the way back up and his icy eyes pierce mine. It startles me and I look away. "I- I will probably spend most of my time in my room. I have big tests coming up at the end of this week." I explain before walking to the room that Grant told me was mine. I don't close the door, I just sit at my desk and continue studying.

- 1:23 pm -

My stomach growls with hunger. I lean back into my chair and pinch the bridge of my nose. I have a slight headache from all the reading. I let my hair down and put my glasses on my desk before I stand up and walk out to my room when I'm started once again from Grant standing right outside my door.

"You are always going to be right there." I laugh a little. "I'm going to get some lunch. Are you hungry?" I offer.

He shakes his head no.

"Okay. I'm just going to go and do that." I say as I walk down the staircase and into the kitchen. He stands outside the kitchen. I keep trying to sneak peeks at him, he is always looking at the doors.

Once my lunch is made, I sit at the two person dining table in the kitchen and begin to eat my lunch. I look up and catch him look at me and it makes me a little self-conscious. I keep my eyes down until I finish my food. Once I finish eating, I clean my dishes and continue to look around the bottom half of the house. I reach a room at the end of a hallway and went to open the door, but Grant's hand holds my wrist from turning the knob. I look back and he shakes his head no.

"Oh, okay. Sorry." I say before hurrying back up to my room. He is very secretive. It's weird.

- Sunday afternoon, 8:09 pm -

I wrap my wet hair up into a towel. I dress into warmer clothes since it's actually cold in this house as it's late November. Last night was really cold. I'm going to have to look for a heater. I walk out of my bedroom and remember that Grant will probably be right there, but instead he isn't. Okay?

"Grant?" I call out. A few seconds later he runs up the stairs in a panic. He looks at me with crazy eyes. "Sorry. I'm okay. I just have to ask you something."

His shoulders sag and he nods his head.

"Look, I know my dad told me not to bring me to school, but can you please, please drive me? Or I can drive. Just, this is a big week in school. And-"

He shakes his head no.

"Grant, please! I won't ask for anything. Just a drive to school that's it." I beg.

He doesn't change his opinion.

I roll my eyes and push past him, going down the stairs and into the living room. I search for a thermostat and turn it up to a good temperature and go back up to my room and go to bed.

If I can't go to school tomorrow, I have to go at least Tuesday through Friday. Then I'm done with school until new years! I'm going to have to sneak out early Tuesday morning.

- Tuesday morning, 6:27 am -

I had to triple check my bag before sneaking my way down stairs, praying I didn't wake Grant up. Today is my first mid term. I need to get to school today. I walk on my toes to the garage door, opening it oh so quietly, closing it behind me. I get into the car quickly and as soon as the garage door opens I speed out of it!