Chapter 2: I Need Your Help

"Beast Boy, can I uh, talk to you." I called out to the younger green boy that was sitting on the couch, being lazy as usual. "Sure Rae, what's up?" He jumped over the back of the couch and started walking towards me. I ushered for him to follow me and so he did.

I lead him all the way to the roof before telling him the predicament that I'm in. "Okay, we're on the roof, wanna tell me now..?" He tilted his head downwards and to the side, taking his upper body with it as well, to try to get a look at my face from under my hood. I pulled my hood off my head, making him stand upright.

"Okay, so, normally I wouldn't ask you this, but circumstances have kinda made it impossible to ask anyone else, but..." I trailed off, trying to find the right words to say. He's 16, Raven, he can handle what your gonna ask him! Brave yelled at me from inside my head. Hey! I thought I told you guys never to speak to me unless I visit or ask of it! I heard nothing but quiet in my head after that, thankfully.

"C'mon Rae, you can tell me, I'll keep my mouth shut." He tilted his head to the side slightly, trying to give me some form of puppy dog eyes. I sighed and found the words to continue.

"Okay, so, basically, I went to visit some people in Azarath this morning, and one of Trigon's servants, one of my old friends, she told me that she over heard him talking about a loophole to getting my powers under control, so I can, y'know, feel emotions again."

"That's awesome Rae! So, what is the loophole?" He came closer to me, trying to get the answers out quicker. "Please, stop calling me Rae... And, well, that's actually what I wanted to ask of you..." I took a deep breath, trying to gain the courage to say what I needed to. Man this is an awkward subject.

"Ineedyoutohelpmefindsomeonetotakemyvirginityonmybirthdayplease." I said all in one big go as fast as I could. "What? Rae-ven, Raven. You said it too fast, I didn't understand a word you just said." I sighed again, man, I really didn't want to say this to him.

"Okay..." I put my usual monotoned voice back into action as I prepared myself to speak. "The loophole was that if I could loose my *ahem* erm, virginity, on my eighteenth birthday, then I would be able to reduce how often I need to meditate and I would be able to feel again without it being dangerous." I avoided eye contact with him as I felt a light blush creep up on my face.

"Wait wait wait! Your a virgin!? So are you asking me if I can-" I knew where he was going with that, so I cut him off as soon as I could. "No! That's not what I'm asking! I wanted to know if you could help find someone willing to, y'know... And well, yea, I am..." I said bashfully, rubbing my arm as my cheeks got hotter.

"Rae, it's okay, nothing to be ashamed of. If it makes you feel better, I am too.." He looked down slightly, blushing. I thought he did that with Terra? I guess not. "And yea, sure, I'll help. I guess I can understand why you didn't go to the others about this... So, anyone in specific you have in mind?"

I shook my head in response. "I haven't had much time to think about it really... All I know is that I don't really feel to keen on them being a part of the team here..."

"Oh, okay... I guess I'll start counting your options..." He began scratching the back of his neck as he thought.

Then something about what he said before clicked in my head. "Wait... Why were you so surprised that I'm a, well, y'know..." I hate saying the word, anything related to the topic really. "Uh... Oh, no reason really... Well, I'm gonna go get together a list I guess, I'll come get you when I'm done, see you." He said as fast as he could and quickly rushed into the elevator without me. "Rude." I said to myself as I waited for the elevator to come back up.

.
.
.

I was meditating in my room, trying to calm myself down from my earlier embarrassment from the discussion with Beast Boy when I heard a knock at my door. I used my powers to open the door without moving from my meditating position. "Hey Raven, I uh, made that list... Should we get to work..?" I heard Beast Boy's voice echo through my room.

"Yea, okay, uh... Come in I guess." I got down to my feet and began lighting more candles in the room so that we could see better. Great, someone's in my room... "Okay, who you got in mind?" I sat on my bed and ushered for him to do the same. And now on my bed... "Uh, so, well here's the list."

He handed me a piece of paper that had a few names written down on it. The first two were Speedy and Aqualadd.

"Speedy is too much like Robbin, so he's a no, but I guess I could do with Aqualadd." I already thought of Aqualadd as attractive, so it really wouldn't be that bad. The next name caught be off guard. "Hot Spot? Really? I don't think that would work..." I tried to hold in the smile that was twitching at my lips. "Heheh, didn't think so."

They were surprisingly the only names there. "Couldn't think of anyone else in the 40 minutes you had been in your room?"

"Hey, it's a lot harder to find someone of your taste than you might think! Like seriously, would you want me to ask about Wilder Beast as an option? Didn't think so." He crossed his arms as he ranted on. "Okay okay, calm it Beast Boy. Thank you for helping though. I guess I'll call Aqualadd over tomorrow..." I put the paper on my desk and turned back to Beast Boy. Who looked strangely disheartened. "Your welcome. If you need anymore help, all you need to do is ask." He changed his expression to a happy smile and left my room.

Aqualadd... I wonder how hard it will be to, uh, well, seduce him, I guess... This is weird thinking about it... Wait, I've never flirted with anyone before... Goddamnit...

"Beast Boy!"