A Sunday Kind of Love

As I slouched on Levi's couch, recuperating from Levi's intense burst of sexual inhibition or passion or whatever you want to call it, Levi tossed my t-shirt at me and walked away, disappearing in his bedroom. He returned with a pair of pajama bottoms.

"Here," he said, handing the bottoms to me. "You can't walk around the neighborhood in your underwear. Don't get me wrong, you look great in your underwear."

"You're such a prude. It's not like I'm naked. What if I were on the beach?"

"If you're on the beach, I'd hope you're wearing swim trunks instead of little bikini briefs. What's your point, anyway? You're not at the beach."

Suddenly shocked by my nakedness, Levi looked away as I pulled up my underwear, followed by the pajama bottoms.

"You can look now," I said, amused. "I'm decent."

"You're too much," he said. "So, do you want to come with me tonight?"

With my hangover headache, I just wanted to take a shower and go to bed.

"I'm a little hung over," I said. "Maybe we can go out for breakfast tomorrow morning? Or brunch?"

"Yeah, sure," he said.

I kissed him once before leaving. Before crawling into bed, I took a shower and slept until dinner. After devouring a plate of homemade buffalo macaroni and cheese, I went back to bed.

At six a.m., I woke up starving and thinking of Levi. I promised him breakfast and decided to bring it to him instead of going out. In the kitchen I gathered up some croissants and went to Levi's.

The neighborhood was still asleep, the sun barely up. After five minutes of knocking, Levi came to the door without his glasses, his hair sticking up everywhere, wearing only pajama bottoms. I admired his chest and the tufts of brown hair down the center of his chest and stomach.

"Ezra?" Levi yawned, scratching the back of his head.

"Look," I said proudly. "I'm not in my underwear. I brought you some breakfast."

"I thought we were going out for breakfast," he yawned again.

"I'm not in the mood," I said.

"What if I'm in the mood to sleep?"

Smirking, I opened my bathrobe. "Should I go home?"

"Get in here before someone sees you," he said, pulling me into his apartment.

I laughed, closing my robe. "At least I'm more presentable, right?" I walked towards his microwave. "I like to heat croissants in the microwave. I brought raspberry preserves, too. I hope that's okay. I know I'm here early, and I'm sorry I woke you. You can go back to bed, and I can go with you if you want. Are you sorry you met me? Can you see without your glasses?"

Levi said nothing, merely scratching the back of his head. Despite the confused/bewildered expression on his face, he didn't kick me out. I fed him a piece of croissant.

"Yes, I can see without my glasses. I need them for distance," he said, swallowing the croissant.

"You want me to leave? I should go. I'm being stupid again, aren't I? This is why I've never been in a relationship. Well, I have other reasons, but I don't want to get into it right now."

"Do you know that you talk too much sometimes? I don't want you to leave," he said, slipping his hand inside the top of my robe. He squeezed my shoulder.

"You wanna go back to sleep?" I asked. "I can go with you."

"Let's go to bed," he said, pushing the bathrobe off my shoulders. I shoved the croissant in my mouth as my robe fell to the floor.