Chapter eight

Victoria got dressed in a pink blouse and dark green pants that actually hugged her curves, she felt nervous as going out to eat with Lucien Oliver was the last thing she thought she would be doing today.
She walked over to her dressing table and began to brush her hair, she then put on a little bit of pink lipstick to match her blouse, she straightened her clothes and took a deep calming breath to settle her nerves and she went to wait for Lucien.

Lucien showered and got dressed in a dark blue shirt and black pants and as he walked to her house he smiled at the realisation that he was happy to take her out, he knocked on her door and waited.

Victoria was thinking about where he was going to take her, she knew it wasn't going to be anywhere special as she thought earlier on but as long as it wasn't a restaurant that served snails and very small portions of food than she would be happy.
She jumped as she heard the knock, she  walked calmly towards it, hoping that it would help calm her nerves but it didn't, she took another deep breath, smiled and opened the door to see Lucien smiling and looking very handsome and from what she could see was that he looked different from what he had looked like in the gossip magazines.

In the magazines, she noticed he never looked happy despite having a beautiful socialite clinging to his arm and now looking at him, he did and he looked also carefree too, "you look stunning", he said as he stepped back so she could walk forward and close the door.
She looked down at herself and then at him, she wasn't used to compliments and she didn't know how to react but she knew being polite was the way to go, she gave him a small smile, "thank you and you look very handsome", he held his arm out to her, "let me walk you to the car", she gave a small giggle as she took his arm and he led her to the car.

Lucien had done this many times but he had never felt like this before as she took his arm and he led her inside the car, he felt happy and he knew part of it was knowing that Victoria held no expectations and she wasn't demanding.
He drove them to a quiet restaurant where he had taken no socialite and it was a place where he could be himself, as they sat down at a table, he noticed Victoria wasn't looking around to see who was noticing her and that he found he loved.

Victoria smiled as they walked in, this place is nice, she thought, it was a family orientated restaurant, some of the tables had padded benches and some had wooden chairs to sit on and the walls around were wooden decked and had windows with checkered red curtains and soft lights glowing on the ceiling.
Her and Lucien sat down at a table in a quiet area where there was only soft music playing and she picked up the menu, she smiled, "this I like", she looked down at the menu and found there were plenty of choices of food to choose from and none were the food that she imagined there would be much to her relief.

Lucien nodded with a smile, "yes I like this too", he looked down at the menu, "I'm going to have the double cheeseburger with chilli fries", he placed the menu down and watched as Victoria bit her bottom plump lip as she was deciding on what to eat.

Victoria placed the menu down and when she did, she saw Lucien staring at her mouth, he looked as if he was going to devour her and she felt herself blushing at the thought, she gave him a small smile, "I'll have the same and an iced tea", she said because she needed something cold to cool her down.

The waitress came over, he knew he had seen her before, she worked at the Cove, a club for the elite and from the fluttering eyelashes and the pouting lips, she gave him, he could see that she had noticed him when he drank in there and that she read the magazines that he was usually in and he mentally groaned.
He hated those magazines, when there was no celebrity scandal happening, the paparazzi liked to stalk the places where the rich ate and drank, they hoped to catch them in some sort of scandal and he was known as the playboy/badboy of the socialites so he was snapped frequently when they were hanging on his arm.

His eyes widened as the waitress flounced to where Victoria was sitting and she went to push Victoria out of her chair and to sit down in her seat when he stood up and handed her the menus to her quickly, "we will both have the cheeseburgers and chilli fries with one ice tea and one black coffee", he stood up and glared coldly at her, he was furious.
"I have come here for a quiet meal with this wonderful lady and the last thing I need is someone like you not only hurting her but disturbing our lovely evening, I want you to get your manager to come and see me now", he said quietly but in a tone that made the waitress gulp, he made a shooing motion, "go on, quickly", he watched as she scurried off in a huff.

Victoria sat there with her mouth open, she couldn't believe that just happened, is that what it's like all the time in his world? She thought, she blinked as Lucien sat down and placed his hand on top of hers.
"I'm so sorry about that", he sighed, "I should have known something like this would happen", she shook her head,"well you weren't to know that was going to happen", she looked over his shoulder and nodded once, "here is the manager".

The manager dressed in a smart suit walked over smiling, "how can I help you?", Lucien frowned, he saw the waitress by the bar watching, he turned to face the manager, "your waitress tried to push my friend out of her chair."
The manager stopped smiling, he looked behind and saw her, his lips thinned and he looked up at the Security cameras, "everything is recorded, so I will take a look and see what has happened and I will come back", he stepped back and Lucien watched with a dark expression as he saw the waitress rapidly moving her arms about as she pleaded, she was desperately trying to save herself.

Lucien looked around, he leaned forward, "why don't we get our meal as a takeout and we can go back home?" He grinned, "you can have dinner at my place", Victoria nodded, she looked relieved, "I would like that", he looked up as the manager came over, he looked regretful, "I'm so sorry for her behaviour, she has been sacked", he sighed and gave a little smile to them both, "is there anything I can do for you?" Lucien nodded, "yes, we would like our dinner to go please", the manager nodded, "of course", "and can we have two slices of strawberry cheesecake too?" Victoria asked, the manager smiled, "of course", and he walked away.

Victoria chuckled , "well at least we're still getting our food", she looked around and saw a waiter come out with four takeout boxes, "your meals", he placed them on the table and walked away, Victoria felt nervous about going to Lucien's to eat but she wanted to get to know him as a friend and it would be nice to talk without having bitchy waitresses taking over and spoiling the rest of the night, she thought.

Lucien piled the boxes on top of each other as he stood up, Victoria grabbed the two boxes whilst he grabbed the other two, he was looking forward to getting to know her more than just through notes, he smiled "come on", he let her go out first and he followed her to the car.