𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 (𝗟𝗲𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝗞𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗶𝘁𝘇 & 𝗦𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵)

~ middle of 1979 ~

"Here we are again another year of school only this time we're high school kids, what's your schedule looking like"

"English Literature, Algebra 2, chemistry, physEd, music room 1a, and history. What about you ?"

"We only have 2 classes together and home room dang it, well let's see how this is gunna be" once we step foot in the classroom we see it halfway full and the teacher scanning everyone

Sitting in the middle since with the 2 empty seats side by side we wait for the bell to ring before the teacher talks

"Alright well hello everyone I'm Mrs Thornberry your homeroom teacher now I don't have much to tell you but most of you might be seeing me either after this class or later today"

Looking to Maria we both make the same face before turning back to her

"There's a lot to come this school year for most of you and some of you who are more nervous but it's okay. I'm gunna ask you guys to take out-

"Sorry sorry, we got lost" two boys run in out of breath

"It's okay, have a seat" she gestures for the seats a whole row behind us still empty "so as I was saying I want everyone to take out a piece of paper and write down 3 words that describe you, then I want you to explain it when I ask you to read them out loud. Now keep in mind we might not make it to everyone so you have 2 minutes to write something down"

Thinking of what to put down, I hear loud whispering in the back. Trying to block it out I wrote down simple words that mostly a 3rd grader might use but it's worth a shot

"Okay who would like to introduce themselves first"

Watching as Maria raises her hand she begins talking

"My name is Maria McKee, and for my 3 words to describe myself I chose; spontaneous, caring, and shy"

"And why do you say shy, you weren't so shy about volunteering first"

"I have my moments when I'm under pressure or on heavy spotlight"

"Very nice Miss McKee, now who would you like to choose to go next anyone"

"My great friend next to me" she smiles pointing my way, looking at her with a deadpan face she would do something like this

"Uh I'm y/n y/l/n, and I said; ambitious, quiet, and observant" putting the paper down

"Explain a little why you say observant"

"It's pretty much the key of life, I observe the doings and people around me to understand more of a situation. I tend to not let things pass me by"

"Well explained Miss y/l/n, who's next"

"The laugh box behind me" pointing to one of the boys

"Okay, I'm Saul Hudson and I couldn't think of anything to describe me"

"Well try now Mr Hudson what would you say you are"

"Music lover, daredevil, and funny" he shrugs

"Daredevil, care to tell us why"

"I like riding my bike too much and dangerously but it's fun so I'm not stopping"

"Very well Mr Hudson, and last one we have time for 1 more"

"I'll do it" his friends raises his hand clearing his throat "my name is Leonard Kravitz but please call me Lenny, I believe I am; courageous, well-mannered, and outgoing. Why you might ask, I'm courageous because I'm not one to shy away from a problem if it needs fixing or afraid to do what's right. I'm well-mannered because my mom and dad raised me to be, and I'm outgoing for my fun loving and hilarious personality"