Chapter 5 The Gardener

dedicated to maris_here

Someone is carrying her and putting her down gently to a silky humungous bed.His arms felt strong and she remembered the moment Rex caught her body before she fainted.It felt safe and warm in his arms.

How come she can recognize him even with his eyes closed?

Damn!She smacked herself in her mind for her stupid thoughts.You are falling for him,you little ugly thing!The wicked little voice inside her head shouted.

She threw away all the thoughts.She is fully aware of what is going on inside the room but she keep her eyes closed.She can only hear the defeaning silence.The room smells of roses and sea salt.She can feel the cool breeze caressing her body.She filled her lungs with the fresh and cool air.She heard him humming the song Bed of Roses.The devil must be so happy for him to hum a rock love song!

She sat up slowly and a wonderful view greeted her.She is facing a garden full of blooming roses in different colors and few meters away she can see the still blue ocean.She was surprised to see Rex taking out the weeds and picking out fresh roses!

He looked surreal and gorgeous wearing a light blue shirt and a black cargo pants.

He noticed someone is staring at him and he gave his sweetest and the most charming smile to her.

Her heart skipped a beat and she smiled back unconsciously.

Everything stood still.All she can hear is the loud thudding of her heart.Everything slows down.She suddenly notice how handsome and gorgeous he is.He is definitely an utter perfection!

Shit!What the hell is happening with me?She cursed silently.This can't be happening!She cannot repeat her twin sister's fatal mistake.

Kayla fell for the cold-hearted beast and it brought her depression and death.She killed herself after Rex dumped her.

A wicked thought appeared in his mind.She doesn't have to fight her feelings for him.She will surrender to it and use it to tame him,seduce him and shatter him.

You are playing with fire and you might get burned!Her conscience reminded her but she ignored.I have fought Death and I've won!Getting burned is the least of her worries.She will make sure that Rex Cobain Schimdt Van Dyken will be burned down to ashes before the fire consumed and burned her!

When did this devil started to care about roses?A demon suddenly became a gardener.So he's now a domesticated demon?

she asked herself.

"Hi good morning sleeping beauty!How was your sleep?"he came near her and asked handing the twelve red roses.

She reluctantly took the roses.All she wanted to do is slap the roses in his face but she restrained herself.When did a demon learn to court a woman?

She didn't answer and she just stared at him.She shrugged her shoulders.

He laughed heartily.

"Did you wake up at the wrong side of the bed,baby?"he inquired full of amusement.

She glared at him.

Moron!Can't you feel the overflowing hatred I'm feeling right now?She wanted to scream but she needs to control herself or her plan will be ruined.

She ignored him and went back to sleep.

He was staring at her.He saw something in her eyes.Hatred!He saw the raging anger in her eyes.Is she mad at me?Or is she mad to the people who caused her pain?Probably,she's just having a nightmare about her traumatic experience.Her doctor said that she is still suffering from trauma.He should understand and tolerate her not because of what she's going through but because he loved her more than anything else in this world.

He shook his head and whispered to himself.Women!What am I going to do with this pretty little thing lying in his bed?

When did you learn to tolerate someone?His alter ego inside his head asked.Yeah right,he can only tolerate his mom,dad and his twins but all the other people they suffered no matter how petty the mistake is.He doesn't accept excuses.He is a very result-driven and goal-oriented person and he expect all his employees to deliver the service he is expecting from them.

He is a playboy and a manwhore but he did not bring a single woman to his sanctuary.No one knows about his sanctuary which is his vacation house in the middle of a seven thousand square meter island.His castle was built at the top of a cliff overlooking the Indian and Pacific Ocean.It was a castle with high-tech amenities inside it.He figured out bringing her in his island will restore her health.He had to transport her using his customized,modified and futuristic version of Boeing Business Jet 2 aka The Flying Hotel while she is sleeping.

He has broken all his golden rules because of her and yet she is not even impressed!Urgh!Do I really have to suffer in trying to win her heart?He sighed.

He will give her time to heal first.If she happens to be one of his flings,he will seduce him but she is different from all of them.She is special and he truly understood that.He can't just demand her to love him back when she's still in pain and in trauma.He will be there no matter what.

Is this the real Rex?He cannot believe all his twisted thoughts and wrong ideas about love has vanished completely.

He sat on the bed beside her.She looked so serene while sleeping.He put his ear near to her heart and listened to her heartbeating.It sounds soothing.It calms his restless mind and soul.They can lie here for eternity and he would never bother to get up.

He sat up,held her hand and ogled at her lovely face.He touched her purplish cheek,neck,arms.He wanted to ease away all the pain she is carrying in her body,heart and soul.Tears rolled down and his cheeks is now soaked with tears.His heart is aching seeing all her wounds and bruises.How did she tolerate all the pain?He did not see her complaining not even once.She is the strongest woman he has ever meet!He knew deep inside her lies all the hatred.Her dignity was shattered and she was treated like an animal.The doctor said she was raped multiple times.He wanted to get back to them but she wouldn't speak.He will let them pay when the right time comes!He researched by reading books and talking to a psychologist about her situation.He wanted to know the things that he can do to help her.He never cared so deep like this before!He wanted to bring her to a psychologist but he doesn't want her to get upset.The shrink might be correct that she is still in denial stage and her mind is burying all the traumatic experiences in order to survive.He had to let her heal in her own pace and time.He will never give up on her even if she will keep on glaring at him and pushing him away from his life!

Please don't forget to vote,share and put your comment.Thanks!