Chapter 22 Shadows

The seaplane fly swiftly like Pegasus across the Maldivian sky while Rex's fear skyrocketed.He looked at her pale face with weariness and if he could fly he would fly so they could reach the hospital.He couldn't contain the dread and fear flashing across his mind and heart.He's trembling inside and he tried to control so hard his body from shaking.He should be strong for her and their unborn child.Her limp body sprawled on his lap while the blood's dripping on her legs.

Kayleigh felt the swirling blackness engulfed her and flashes of memories flooded through her mind.

She saw herself holding Kayla lifeless body and reading the suicide note.

Dear Rex,

I will confess Rex that the real purpose why I seduced you is to save our family business.My father,Lucius Sanders,has gone bankrupt because you did not give time extension and you relentlessly pursued our father to pay his debt.He had no choice but to sell our small company.I hated you Rex but after a few days,it melted and replaced by lust and then suddenly I wake up one morning longing for you and falling in love with you.

I have never felt this before.I love you so much.I'd rather die than losing you.You are the greatest challenge and greatest ambition that I simply could not give up but I guess you never felt the same way I do.Am I that easy to forget?After a week of steamy nights with you I fell for you but you avoided me.I wanted to tell you that I am pregnant.I am one hundred sure that you are the father of this child.You ran away from me.I chased you and clung to you like a leech but you abhorred me.I decided to get rid of the child Rex but the guilt keeps on haunting me.One thing my parents died and so I could not take all the pain,sorrow and guilt,Rex,and so I am ending my life this way.I love you.Goodbye.

Love,

Kayla

She crumpled the letter and curled up her fist.Anger,pain and sorrow shot up and crawled throughout her body.It bubbled up and boiled like a lava from a volcano.It is like a tornado building up and swirling.She hugged the pale,limp dead body of her twin sister.She wanted to cry but no tears would come out from her eyes.

Kayla decided to end her life by cutting her wrist.

She scrambled,stood up and took her to the nearest hospital but it was too late because she's gone.

Her pencil skirt and white office polo shirt are soaked by blood and sweat.She zoned out and walked with no direction.She took a taxi and went home.

The deafening silence squeezed her heart.Millions of sharp swords pierced through her heart,mind and soul.The pain,sorrow,anger,hatred,shock swirled around her and followed her like shadows.

She was in the office on her first day working furiously and trying to earn a living so she could help her parents when she received a call.She was hired as a segment producer of a world-renowned television network.It was Kayla who recommended her.She gave up her job as a librarian so she could help her parents.

Kayla said that she will take care of their parents' funeral but she did not expect that her twin sister had a suicide plan that day.

They cried like lost and abandoned children when both of their parents died.After three months of constant fight between their parents his father ended his life by colliding his car into a wall.Their mother died from heart attack.

Her father talked to her before he died.He said his business rival,Rex Schmidt Van Dyken would mercilessly burn down to ashes their family business.His father had to loan to recuperate from losses.He said Rex took all his clients and blackmailed his father to sell his company.His father begged for Rex's mercy to give him time to pay the debt but Rex wouldn't budge and decided to take over the company.

That misfortune created a domino effect on their normal life.For the first time,she saw her parents argue and shout like idiots for long hours and then cried.

One day,Kayla announced to their father that he can offer her as a collateral.She will marry Rex to save their lives and their business.Lucius,their father vehemently refused but Kayla made up her mind.

Kayla told Kayleigh all her escapades and adventures in catching the elusive beast named Rex Schmidt Van Dyken.She showed her the files containing pictures and the complete biography about the brute billionaire.

Kayla attended every party that Rex will attend until she succeded in catching Rex's attention by showing her cleavage.According to Kayla,it was a charity ball and Kayla had to purposely spill the wine to Rex lap so he would notice her and the two of them ended up in bed.Kayla told her that Rex is a beast in bed and that they had steamy week but after that the raging fire of lust died out and Rex avoided Kayla in every possible way.

It was Kayla who comforted her. Kayla told her to be strong and that they will surpass this trial but it is also her twin sister who gave up.

Kayla has always been stronger than Kayleigh.She has iron will and determination that could move the stars.She possessed boldness and courage that matches the courage of a greatest warrior here on Earth.She never gave up.Kayleigh was shocked that her twin sister gave up and cut her own wrist because she cannot conquer Rex.If Kayla could not conquer and tame the fiercest and the cruelest billionaire on Earth she Kayleigh would make him beg, fall on his knees and would make him apologize for all his mistakes.She has never been so courageous and so determined ever before.The kind of iron will and determination that she doesn't know how to find Rex but she knew she would.Finding Rex had cost her dignity and she nearly died when she stormed in Rex's office and pretended as Kayla but Rex was nowhere out of sight and she was dragged,tortured,raped and shot by his minions while she is weeping in Kayla's tomb.

She felt the weightlessness but she fought it hard.She had to go back and wake up to confront her greatest fear.She had to confront Rex before she will regret everything.

She loved Rex more than she hated him but the shadows on would not stop stalking her until she clear out everything.She realized that destroying Rex would mean destroying her life and the life of their baby.She would find the courage to confront Rex before their unborn child would suffer the consequences of her decision.

Thank you reading this chapter.It would be greatly appreciated if you could vote,comment and share this story.