It was Calla ringing me and she had rung five times. Worried completely, I rang her back immediately.

"Come to the house," Calla announced, the panic in her voice clear as day. I jumped in my car and drove straight there.

-

"Hey, what's going on?" I opened the car door to ask as I saw Sydney rushing towards me with a sense of urgency. Something was very clearly not right and when she didn't answer and instead rushed me out of the car, I grew impatient.

"Sydney! Is everyone okay?"

She had this dazed look about her eyes which only made me feel worse. "I think so." Syd nodded her head to herself, it looked like she wasn't sure.

"Sydney," I took a hold of her shoulders and made her look at me, she wasn't going to hear what I was saying otherwise. "Is everyone okay and healthy or not?"

"No, no, everyone is okay. Just- Just hurry up inside and you'll see."

As I entered our home, I noticed how nothing looked different. Nothing seemed out of place or as if anything bad had happened, and when I finally saw Lucas, Darius and Calla sitting in the kitchen together, I relaxed a little. Nothing extreme had happened to anyone.

However, when they turned and acknowledged me, the smiles on their faces disappeared in an instant. No one was acting normal.

"What is going on? Why are you all acting weird?" Everyone glanced behind me and questioned Sydney with their eyes. Not only was I getting more worried with every unanswered question that popped into my head, frustration bubbled in the pit of my stomach too.

I'm naturally impatient, but when the people I love were involved, it was worse.

Darius took one calculating look at me to understand what I was thinking, "Don't worry, were all fine. It's just-" he paused. He picked up a letter off the table and jerked it towards me. "Read this. It'll explain most of it."

Confused, my eyebrows creased in the middle. I took the daunting but small piece of paper out of Darius' hand and unfolded it.

I glanced up, everyone was staring. I read it out loud.

I know you probably don't want to hear from me, I honestly don't blame you, but here's my number if you want to chat sometime. I will happily answer or clear up any confusion you have carried over the last almost decade.
Here's my number: 071234567
Call anytime.
Dad.

I straight away searched for Sydney. After all she was the one who knew the most about this all. We communicated with our eyes - I was asking her questions, she was trying to reassure me.

I hadn't heard from my Dad for years, frankly, I didn't need him. Even though I don't need him and never have, I was still needing answers.

"What? How? When? Sydney..." I pleaded with my eyes.

Darius' arms encased me in a tight, warm hug. I leant into his body at the sheer moment of me seeking comfort.

When Darius relaxed his arms from around me, I sat down in the stool in front of me. Sydney sat next to me. Everyone else left the room.

Sydney started talking, "Calla rang you as soon as we found out."

My head nodded, "But how- like- what happened?" I asked, finally looking up at her instead of the letter in my hands.