Curiosity killed a cat

I dreaded the night. Something happened. I was worrying the whole day. Work was a deliverance to me when I needed a little distraction to help me not to think about her. But no distraction could stop me from missing her.

I heard her voice in my mind, teasing me. The memory of her damn gorgeous smiles drove me crazy. The laughter, the warmth, the pain, the fear, and everything she caused made my knees buckle.

I sigh when I see my bed. I didn't bother to make it in the morning and now that I have to get in it again, I wish I did. Because if I did, it wouldn't look like I was having a dreamless night.

It was torture.

To sit in the darkness, unable to dream, unable to have nightmares. I only waited for the sunrise above the horizon. It felt like I was trapped in a different body all over again, but far worse.

I hesitantly close my eyes and let sleep take over me slowly. When I open them again, I don't see the white ceiling of my room. The darkness soothes me with its familiarity. The emptiness fills my heart.

With relief, I realize I am dreaming. Which meant...

My gaze falls on her. Her hair is loose and the waves frame her guilty face. She is wearing a dress with pink butterflies like she does most of the time. And like always she looks stunning. But I tell myself I can't get affected at that.

I am mad at her.

"Where have you been?" I ask quietly. Juliette's gaze falls.

"In the palace."

"Why didn't you tell me you wouldn't be here?" I huff angrily. She tugs her on the strands of her hair nervously. My heart softens. I didn't snap, but it feels like I did.

"You'd be angry." the girl says quietly.

"I was angry and worried. I didn't know if you are dead!"

"I'm sorry." she looks up at me worriedly. I sigh.

"It was dangerous," I say. I don't ask, because I know from the look on her face. Juliette flinches. It was like she hit me in the stomach.

"Yes."

The guilt. The fear. Juliette may have scared me to death. She may have made me think she was d... hurt, but I can never make someone I love feeling like that.

I step to her. Juliette observes me but doesn't pull away when I wrap my arms around her. She smells like cherries and lemon zest. I remember it. I engraved it into my mind because I refuse to forget anything about her.

"Don't scare me like that please."

"Huh?"

"I thought you were hurt."

"No, no, no... I'm right here!"

Juliette takes my face into her hands and shakes her head with a sincere look. I chuckle. Finally relieved. Like I needed her words to tell me she is there. That nothing happened to her. She is safe.

"I'm sorry," she whispers.

I hold her waist protectively. She is so important to me. And she doesn't even know. I can't but think, what if she someday really disappears? Before I can tell her how much I love her? Then she'll never know and I will never know the most important answer to my question. I can't let that happen.

"Juliette, I-"

She puts her hand over my mouth.

"Can we just- can we just hold each other? I can't bear any more words today." She whispers as if the sound of her own words scared her.

And I nod.

Because I think I can tell her I love her anytime. Because I think with something like this, we have eternity.
.
.
.
Spoiler alert! Nah. I'm kidding. You won't get any from me. It will spoil the fun. As always I hope you enjoyed the chapter, thank you for reading and...

See you on TUESDAY!

Vote. Comment.Like... Argh whatever.Just enjoy the ride :)

⁓SD