part 4: cigarettes and crushes

Regulus' pov:
Potter showed us to our room and it was Gorgeous. There were 2 french doors leading out onto a balcony and a ton of posters around the room of some bands. That's how I can tell its Sirius' room. It feels like home.

I walked over to the balcony as soon as Sirius and james left. I think they went to play in the garden or something. I pulled out a cigarette as hopefully james wont see.

I was half way through my cigarette and I was reading peacefully when I saw james in front of me. Fuck! He must have seen me smoking!

I looked up at him, 'what?!' I said in a spiteful tone.

'I think I see something in between you 2 fingers that I said you couldnt have, baby black' he said as if I didnt know why he was here.

I rolled my eyes and said 'since when do I listen to you?!' in the most malicious way I could.

'Why do you hate me so much?' He asked sounding genuinely hurt. What was I supposed to say? I dont hate you in the slightest I love you so much it hurts to pretend that I don't. No. I cant say that. It would be dumb. He was a year older than me and I guarantee he doesnt feel the same.

'Because you're a gorgeous twat' I said, slapping my hand over my mouth realising what I had said. Oh God. I just subjected myself to god knows how long of teasing. May as well just shoot me now. He started smirking, uh oh.

'You think I'm gorgeous?' He asked, blushing. Why was he blushing?

'Well, I mean I also called you a twat. Focus on that.' I said, desperate to get the topic off of my attraction to him.

'But you called me Gorgeous' he said.

'Yes, I did. Now fuck off'

After that he simply left to go see my brother.

(5th February 2021)