𝕂𝕚𝕞𝕚 ℕ𝕠 ℕ𝕒 𝕎𝕒

You sure you don't wanna hang out today shorty?

I woke up to this message from Danish and couldn't help but to smile at his cuteness. Replying with a thumbs up, I tossed my phone on bed and got up. It was pretty late when I got home yesterday and I didn't see Lily or Zinnia. In a way, I was glad that they were asleep before I came, as I escaped from getting attacked by plaguing with questions. 

After doing my morning routine, I climbed down the stairs to see Sandra and Zinnia on the couch. They were watching T.V, Sandra leaning on Zinnia and Zinnia feeding her toasted bread. 

"Hey!" I said as I went towards them and sat down on the opposite couch.

"Good morning, Elka!" Sandra said, sitting straight. 

"How did your date go, girl?" Zinnia asked, smiling widely. "We heard the door open yesterday but we low-key expected you to go to Danish's."

I laughed. 

"Nah, I couldn't abandon my bed. And the date was good," I said.

"Elaborate please," Zinnia said to which I rolled my eyes. 

"It was G-O-O-D."

"Ugh! I meant descriptive words."

"I said! It was good. We went to the arcade and to a fancy restaurant and then to the park and had a walk."

"Romantic walk!" Zinnia added, making my eyes roll again. 

"Yeah, ok. Romantic walk."

"Did you guys kiss?" Sandra asked to which I smiled and shook my head. 

"But he kissed me on my cheek," I said, placing fingers on my right cheek, recollecting yesterday night's moment. 

"Cheek? He could've kissed a wall!" Zinnia said to which I looked at her with pursed lips. 

Zinnia broke into a chuckle and said, "Just kidding. Take it slow. You have got plenty of time, girl."

I smiled at her and nodded my head.

"When did you come?" I asked Sandra, turning to her.

"Oh, I came yesterday night. The bookstore is temporarily closed due to maintenance so I'm really jobless right now," she said, giggling. 

I could sense the sadness in her words even though she tried to obscure it with a giggle. I looked at Zinnia who patted Sandra's shoulder slightly to lighten her up. 

From what I know about Sandra was that she was a college drop out because of financial difficulties. She lost her mother when she was small and her father was in jail after being caught for illegal drug activities to provide food for his daughter. Being a criminal's child was hard for her as she entered college and with that, meeting financial difficulties gave her no other choice but to quit, even though she was a bright student. She got a job at the bookstore after many attempts and Zinnia met her there, after five months we joined college. 

I wasn't close to Sandra as Lily was, as I saw her just as Zinnia's FWB partner. We used to smile and greet each other and that was it. Not even a casual talk. But the day Zinnia said that the person she trusted after me and Lily was Sandra, I knew Sandra wasn't just a partner to satisfy her sexual needs. She was a special one that Zinnia trusted to be there for her when she was under the weather. And that was why I went to get Sandra the day Lily threw the question, "any other person that could help us?"