***

Pansy stared aimlessly out the window as the landscape flew past them from inside the compartment.

"Hey, I heard your parents are hosting the Christmas party this year?" Blaise questioned, making Draco look up from his book.

Pansy nodded. "Yeah. Apparently we have some old family friends joining us and the party is some kind of welcome."

Blaise nodded in understanding and went back to eating his chocolate frog and checking through his letters.

"I heard Nott is going to be there" Draco sighed.

Pansy tensed up. "Really?"

"Mhm" The blonde nodded. "Merlin alone knows why though. Christmas parties are the worst."

"I thought you liked them?" Blaise arched his brow.

"When I was twelve" He rolled his eyes. "C'mon; nothing is more boring than a room filled with stuck-up pure bloods that have nothing better to do than brag about their accomplishments."

Pansy snickered. "What are you talking about? That is totally your scene."

The group spent the rest of the trip laughing and discussing the latest wizard news or their Christmas homework - curtsy of Snape.

"- please?" Ron's voice came from outside the compartment. "Ginny would be just as thrilled to have you there."

Draco scowled at the mention of the she-weasel.

"Draco, if you don't stop scowling like that someone's going to start thinking that you might be jelous." Pansy smirked.

"Why would I be jelous?" Draco rolled his eyes and angrily flipped to the next page of his novel. "There's nothing to be jelous about."

Blaise hid his smile by propping another chocolate frog in his mouth.

Present

Ron yelped as Blaise hugged him by his waist and settled his head in the crook of his neck.

"You're back" The Gryffindor smiled nervously.

"Quite the observer, aren't you?" Blaise mumbled sarcastically.

Ron frowned and cocked his head to the side so he could get a better view. "You okay?"

Blaise nodded with a sigh and looked up to meet the curious gaze of his boyfriend. "Yeah, just family problems - the usual."

Family problems. The words echoed in Ron's head - accompanying the conversation with Dumbledore this morning.

"- it is important to understand that neither of them want this; they're all being forced to agree" Dumbledore reasoned.

Harry shook his head. He didn't want to believe that all this could be true. "W-why?" He managed to breath out.

"I don't know, Harry" Dumbledore admitted. "Maybe it is because they're still young - which means they are all more vulnerable" the old wizard sighed. "Easier to break."

Hermione sucked in a sharp breath. "Professor, if you know this is happening, why aren't you doing anything to stop it?"

"I'm afraid there is nothing more I can do" he responded. "But there might be something you can do."