📃 CHAPTER ONE | DEAR KIM

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah. You being number one to buy them." Jess said observing the posters, mugs and T-shirts in our room, which had Kim's face, printed on them in bold lines and bright colours.

She was right. I was completely and utterly obsessed with Kim Tae Min.

I had been a fan of his flexibility and pretty face since the first time I saw him on an Instagram video, back in high school.

"I am his number one fan. That's why I've got to write the perfect letter. I've been on the words 'Dear Kim' for two freaking hours!" I pulled the ends of my coal black hair.

"Take it easy. You'll be fine. Just tell me the prize is worth it."

"It's an all-expense paid, three month trip to South Korea."

"Say what?" Jess's eyes shone brighter.

"Yup! And not just that, the winner gets to explore awesome tourist attractions in South Korea and have a date with Kim Tae Min!"

There was silence for a second and like teenage girls we screamed.

"Oh my...That's so cool!"

"I know!" I hugged a pillow.

"Is there a deadline?"

"It ends in an hour."

"What?!"

Jess stood up and stared at me like a good student would at the sight of a grade 'C'.

"You haven't written a thing yet! How do you expect to win this? Seriously Pree!"

"I wrote something already but I'm not sure I'll win with it. So I decided to write something else. I mean the letters get posted on the website too! Look at these." I pointed to the feed contents on the screen, while Jess read the messages written by other fans.

"Wow! They sound like they're in love. There's no way the agency would skip these. Where's yours then?"

A Microsoft Word window popped up after a click and Jess began to read mine as loudly as she could while I placed my hands over my eyes in embarrassment.

"Dear Kim,
Hi. I'm a fan like the millions of others in the world who cherish you. And I do cherish you.

I appreciate the person you were when I first knew you three years ago and I appreciate the person you've grown to be.

I appreciate your talent and dedication with every move you make and every step you take. They're quite unforgettable. You always leave a print in my heart after every performance. I appreciate that.

I must be honest with you though and I hope your agency finds this.

I've seen sadness in your eyes, one I can't explain and know nothing of. I'm just a fan so I can't say I love you enough to tell you this but I care enough, so I will.

You've worn a mask for your fans for years. Always smiling so perfectly each time you perform or make a speech.

You can let go now.

It's okay to say you're not okay. It's okay to take a break. It's okay to say no to the pressure from your agency. It's okay to have time for you and you alone.

Other fans might have wished you good health, long life, more success and some might have wished to see you physically. I do have those wishes too, but here's the one that sings loudly in my heart.