"Apologize and get new friends," Delaney corrected. "We don't want this piece of trash anymore. So, goodbye and see you never," she waved. When he made no move to leave, she stood up and stalked toward him. "What are you waiting for? Get off my property before I drag you away."

"Good luck. You're tiny and weak."

"Ex-cuh-use me?"

"You're excused." He leaned back in his chair with a smug smirk.

The corners of my mouth involuntarily curled upwards. I needed to get out of there before the laughter bubbling inside me exploded. "I'm gonna go get another drink." I drained my near-empty soda. "I'll be right back."

I meandered around the backyard before finally heading inside. When I opened the fridge in the kitchen, I jolted as a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind.

"I've missed you," Eli murmured into my hair

"Me too," I whispered, turning around in his embrace.

"All I wanna do is kiss you, but I can't," he pouted. "How much longer do we have to keep this shit up? I don't care if Ben wins the stupid bet anymore."

"I don't know," I sulked. "Wait, why'd you follow me? They're gonna catch us."

"I said I went to the bathroom. Delaney pounced as soon as you went inside and nobody came to my defense. Not even Jarod or Ethan or Ben."

My frown deepened. "I wish they weren't being so mean to you. It hurts my heart every damn time."

"I'd be more concerned if they didn't care, but I know how you can make it up to me," he smirked.

"How?" I giggled as his hands snuck around my ass and hoisted me up onto the counter.

"You know how." His lips latched onto my neck as he nudged my thighs open.

"E-Eli, they're gonna see." I tried pushing him away, but he was like a brick wall.

"That just makes it hotter," he murmured.

"Kinky boy."

He left a trail of kisses up to my jawline. "But you love me for it."

"Yes, I do."

I grasped the sides of his head and leaned forward with the intent of kissing him, but he took a step backward.

I puckered my lips. "Where's my kiss?"

His eyes flickered from my lips to my eyes. "You gotta say it first."

"Say what?" I asked innocently.

"You know what," he breathed, tracing my lower lip with his thumb.

"I love you. There. That better?"

"I love you, too."

My heart fluttered as his lips softly pressed to mine. His tongue probed my mouth, begging for entrance before gently pushing its way in and caressing mine. I gasped, the fervor of the kiss crescendoing with every second. My hands tangled in his hair as his hands inched up my thighs.