Chapter 13

(Y/n) POV)

Darkness, this wasn't planned. I felt like I was falling, I looked around only seeing darkness.

???: "I'm glad I finally get to see you." A soft voice called to me. My body flailed trying to see wear the voice came from.

"Where are you?! Who are you?!" My breathing was fast and uneven.

???: "Calm yourself, please." I felt arms wrap around me and the falling feeling stopped. "You've grown so much since I last saw you." My breathing steadied, whoever this was they seem close to me.

"Answer my question." I wouldn't be able to take myself seriously, with how uncertain I sound.

???: "I guess we never did meet. I died shortly after you were born." The person released me and I jumped forward turning around. I glared at the woman who was smiling at me, eyes closed. "I finally get to see my son. You look like your father." I feel my eyes widen, my legs wobble before I fall to my knees.

"W-What?" My voice was quiet, really quiet.

Mom: "I'm sorry for leaving you. But I had to in order to keep you safe. We'll speak again but it seems you're being woken up."

"Wait! Come on!"

Mom: "I love you.... son." She faded from my vision as a table replaced her.

Tenten: "(Y/n) get up, he's about to give out the tenth question." I groan raising my head from the table.

Ibiki: "Here is the tenth question!" I look down at the table again, what was that? She called me son, is that my mother. I don't know what she looks like, that could've been a Genjutsu for all I know. "But before that, I'm going to add some rules for the last question." That felt so real, why am I seeing her. If she is my mother, why, why now? I felt my breathing pick up again, come on (Y/n) control yourself.

Tenten: "Are you alright." I felt her hand place on my shoulder, I stiffen for a moment.

"Y-Yeah, I should be."

Ibiki: "Let me explain! These are the hopeless rules!" I'm able to calm myself after a few seconds. "First, you all will have to choose whether or not you will take this tenth question!" I'm pretty sure everyone is going to take it. I ignore ponytails yelling a question, as well as ignoring the response. I thought that this guy felt familiar, I've met him once, he's the interrogator. Mind games is his thing right? "And, one more rule, if you choose to take it and are unable to answer it correctly, then you will have to relinquish your right of taking the Chunin exam forever." I'm glad I figured him out, let the experiment begin. After we let some people leave, can't let there be more competition 

Kiba: "What kind of ridiculous rule is that?! Besides, there are plenty of people here who have taken the Chunin exam many times!" Ibiki chuckles "menacingly" at him.

Ibiki: "You're just unlucky, I make the rules this year. But I did give you the option to go back! For those of you who aren't confident, you can choose not to take it and take the exam next year or the year after that." I chuckle quietly causing Tenten to look at me.

"Interrogator is about to get interrogated." I whisper to her.

Ibiki: "Those who won't be taking the tenth question, raise your hand now!" I watch hands shoot into the air, after a few teams leave I make my move.

"Let me ask you something Ibiki." I got his attention as he looked my way. "Your specialty is interrogation correct?" He goes to respond but I cut him off. "In that case, the mind fucks you're capable of are far beyond anything many of us can see through. This question isn't even a question is it? After all, the nine questions weren't meant to be useful to test smarts, but info gathering. And this last question, is to test our resolve. It was a test to see if we could carry out a mission, no matter the cost. Am I wrong? Or did we pass, like I assume we have?" Ibiki begins to chuckle a smile present on his face. The muttering of the other Genin sounded throughout the room.