Chapter 4

(Y/n) POV)

Sasuke: "Sasuke here at point B."

Sakura: "Sakura here at point C."

Naruto: "Naruto at point A, believe it!"

Dad: "You're slow Naruto! Wait where's (Y/n)

"Um, I have the target." Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto land next to me

Dad: "Does he have the ribbon on his right ear? Are you sure it's the target?"

Sasuke: "It's the target, no mistake."

Dad: "Alright, the mission to capture lost pet "Tora" is complete!"

Woman: "Oh, my cute Tora! I was worried to death!"

Naruto: "Serves him right, that stupid cat!"

Sakura: "No wonder he ran away."

Lord Third: "The next mission for Kakashi's seventh squad is... An errand to the neighboring town... to babysit the chief councilor's boy... Helping with digging for potatoes, eh..."

Naruto: "NO! No, no thank you! I want to do like a more exciting mission! Give us something else!"

Iruka: "You fool! You're still bottom rookie! At the start, Everyone moves up the ladder by gaining experience from simple missions!"

Naruto: "But! It's been nothing but blah missions so far!" Both me and dad slap the back of his head sending him to the ground.

Dad/me: "Knock it off!"

Lord Third: "Naruto! It's necessary to explain to you what a mission is. Listen to me! Requests pour into the village everyday. They range from babysitting to assassinations. A wide spectrum of requests are recorded on the request list. They are separated into A,B,C and D ranks in order of difficulty. In the village, everyone below me is divided ub by ability in the order of Jonin, Chunin and Genin. We at the highest level distribute the requests as missions to ninjas who have abilities that suit said mission. And, if the mission is successful, the fee comes in from the client. Nevertheless, you guys have just become Genin, rank D is about the best you can do. Hm?"

Naruto: "Yesterday's lunch was pork-bone broth noodles, so today will be miso broth.

Lord Third: "Listen!"

Dad: "I-I'm sorry."

Naruto: "Man! You always lecture me, old man! But I'm not that little prankster that you think I am! Humph!"

Dad: "Man, I'm gonna get scolded later."

Lord Third: "Okay, fine! If you insist... I'll have you do a C rank mission. You'll be bodyguards for someone."

Naruto: "Really!? Ah-ha! Who? Who? A feudal lord? Or a princess?"

"Naruto they wouldn't have either of those on a C rank mission."

Lord Third: "Don't get to hasty. I'll introduce you now! Could you please come in." We all look back at the door seeing... A drunken man.

Drunkard: "What's this? It's just a bunch of darned squirts!"

Naruto: "Huh?" I'm with you on that one Naruto.

Drunkard: "Particularly you, the smallest one with the idiot face. Are you really a ninja?"

Naruto: "Who's the smallest one with the idiot face he's talking about?" We all line up with me being the tallest, then Sasuke, then Sakura and finally Naruto. "I'll kill him!" Naruto gets held back by dad before he can "kill" the drunkard.