Chapter 4: Go Big or Go Home

Start from the beginning

Damon sighed, "Listen man-"

Percy cut him off, "She's in the tomb!"

The blue eyed vampire narrowed his eyes at her. "Really?"

While Damon wasn't looking, Matt raised his gun at him. "What did you do to her?

Damon raised his hands up in defense. "I'm just here to rescue her. Okay?"

Matt didn't know if he was telling the truth. Before he could decide, Damon quickly knocked him out.

"Ouch. Why'd you do that?" Percy questioned.

Damon responded, "He was going to shoot me!"

The demigod rolled her eyes. "Excuses, excuses."

She started walking towards the tombs, not letting her injury stop her from saving the two supernatural creatures.

Walking further in, she found the vampire and werewolf.

"Percy!" Caroline exclaimed relieved at the sight of her.

Percy sent her a smile. "We're rescuing you."

"We?" Caroline looked confused.

Damon walked in, "Your boyfriend's outside with a rifle loaded with wooden bullets."

"Good for him." Percy grinned. "I thought he didn't know about vamps."

Damon bent down in front of Caroline to help her get out of the chains. "You have some explaining to do."

Percy, meanwhile, was attempting to break Tyler's chains. They didn't budge the first try. Then, the demigod focused her strength on the metal and it snapped.

Caroline looked confused. "Matt?"

Tyler rubbed his wrists, "Matt knows about you?"

"No! I-"

Damon interrupted, "Shh. Tomorrow's problem. Let me just get you out of here."

The blue eyed vampire remembered Tyler. "It's getting dark soon. How fast can you get the hell away from here?"

The Lockwood responded, "I need to get to my family's cellar. I can lock myself up."

"I'll help," Caroline offered.

The four walked outside. The full moon had already risen.

Matt groaned on the ground. The blonde vampire rushed to help him. "Hey! Did you hit him?" Caroline asked Damon.

"Did you already forget the part about a gun with the wooden bullets?"

Suddenly, Tyler dropped to the ground. He looked up at the sky, his breathing uneven. Caroline called his name out worriedly, "Tyler?"

He pushed himself off the floor. "It's starting."

Uh oh.

Damon sighed, "Grab Boy Wonder and let's go."

Caroline followed, saying a soft "Come on," to her boyfriend.

Matt looked concerned for his friend as they rushed through the forest. "What's happening? Is he okay?"

Damon spoke, "You better not wolf out on us." His cell phone rings. Picking up the device, he responded, "Bad time, Little Bro."

He continued, "Saving the day. I figured you'd understand. Just tell Elena to stay put."

Stefan must have said something upsetting because Damon reacted loudly. "What?"

Percy wished she could hear what was happening. She witnessed Damon scrunch his face up, looking emotional. "I'll take care of it," he declared.