Chapter 02

Date Written: February 8th, 2015

I stared straight ahead as I realised where I had seen this boy. My arms were laid out on the table as I was staring.

I knew this boy seemed familiar!

Images shot through my head without a warning, and I wailed in pain. I gripped my head and stared at the table menacingly.

I was staring off into the sea, while I waited for someone.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and smiled when I turned around. It was the boy.

"(F/N)."

"Kaneki."

He instantly grabbed me and kissed me, in which, I kissed back. I pulled apart and we sat back down, looking out into the ocean.

The waves crashed with much force and I looked over at Kaneki and smiled.

I was taken out of the image by the boy shaking me. His grey eyes stared into mine as I stared into his.

The name ran through my head as I looked at him.

Kaneki.

It suited this boy. The name suited him well.

"Kaneki?" I ask, squinting my eyes.

His eyes widen as he looks at me. "Y-You remember?"

I kept squinting. "Remember what? And your name is Kaneki? It suits you," I said and looked away.

I had noticed he put my coffee down on the table. I glanced at it and took a sip.

"Here," I said. I handed him $10. He just kept staring at me. I could detect sorrow in his eyes.

"What?" I said, a little more harsh than I intended. I gave him an apologetic look and he understood.

"Nothing... bye... (F/N)," he said, giving me one last look and disappears up the stairs.

I kept staring in that direction. I shook my head and took a sip of the coffee. It's hot. And delicious.

I put it down and take out my phone, realising I had a message.

(Unknown) Hi (f/n)

You stared at the unknown number. Who the hell is this?

who are you?

I look up and see the girl from earlier.

"That text was from me," she said and smiled.

"How did you--"

"I don't know. I found it in my contacts and..."

I don't believe a thing she's saying.

"Mhm. Now won't you tell me how you really had my number?"

Her face turned hard, then sorrow filled her eyes.

"How long do you remember? I'm your friend from k through eight. You don't remember me...?" she said, looking as if she were about to cry.

(are you not getting her act haha)

"No... what's your name?"

"Touka. You always called me Touka-Chan. Do you remember?"

The name Touka did ring a bell... but I still don't remember her.

"No, but your name does ring a bell. Text me later, I guess?" I said.

She smiled. "Of course!"

She turned around and started to walk off. "Wait."

"What is it?" she asked without turning around.

"Give that white haired boy my number, will you?" I asked. When I realised what I had asked, I blushed and bit my bottom lip.

She smirked. "Okay. Can do," she said and went up the stairs.

I started walking home, my footsteps echoing the streets. I eventually heard a 'ding' from my pocket and checked my phone.

It was from that Kaneki boy.

I felt myself smile, just knowing that he had texted me.

(Unknown) Hi (F/N)!! Touka gave me your number, sorry if you don't know about this. heh.

I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh. He is so adorable.

Wait.

(F/N).

You just met this guy.

How are you already attracted to him?

I scolded myself and texted him back.

no, I told her to give you my number. Is that... weird?

(Unknown) No, no! It's fine!

I'm getting tired of it saying 'Unknown' so I saved his contact as 'Lil Ice Cream Bucket'

I smiled at the nickname and texted him back.

okay, that's good. hey, I'll text you in the morning, is that okay?

(Lil Ice Cream Bucket) yeah it's fine. talk to you later (F/N).

I put the phone away as I entered my drive way. I live with my mom. She's sweet, but can be a real bitch at times.

My dad is somewhere, only god knows where.

I shut the door quietly behind me, not wanting to wake her if she's home.

I walk silently to my room and climb up my bunk bed. I have a bunk bed all the myself. I can never choose which one to sleep on, so I decided to go on the bottom where all the lights are.

I quickly got in the covers and warmed up. I messaged Touka right after, but she didn't reply. After about thirty minutes of waiting, I finally closed my eyes.

I let sleep carry me away.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Date Published: February 08, 2015